Death Run Abilities

Idea:

To add a variety of unique abilities to death run besides just leap.

More information:

I enjoy my time on death run, however once you play all the maps a few times and start learning how to avoid the traps the game gets bland. Don’t get me wrong I still enjoy my time playing on the game. But it feels like something is missing. I feel like its a lack of support for different play styles. How I think this could be fixed is by adding different abilities that would be unlockable at different levels.

The abilities:

Speedy boots - gives a speed boost for a certain amount of time

Bunny hop - a short version of the leap but you can hold 2 at a time.

Fire extinguisher - makes you resistant to fire traps and explosion traps for a certain amount of time.

Obviously these are just a few of the ones I came up with and could be changed. I feel like it would be fun for players to choose an ability that best suits them. I think this would refresh gameplay for death run, and people would be excited to unlock and try all of these abilities on every map.

Since you’re keeping this unlockable after a certain level, it’s unfair because players below ‘xyz’ ability won’t have the perk. Hope you got what I’m saying, keep the games fair and same for all players regardless of rank/ level. I know op never said rank, just wanted to add that lel

And if DR is getting stale for you, keep a challenge in the game to get new PB’s, try newer ways around a map or never use Leap as a fun challenge lol

3 Likes

Although I understand this with abilities in mind. The ability unlocked at level 50 wouldn’t technically be better than the leap ability. They would all be balanced. For example the speedy boots would give you swiftness. They would allow you to travel a longer distance than the leap per ability. However, you loose the jump aspect making you vulnerable to floor traps. On top of that you don’t really need the level system in place here. It would still be fun to try out new abilities even if you unlocked them all from the get go. Maybe even not in the base game, this could be an experimental gamemode within death run. The only reason I enacted a level system is to spread out gameplay giving players something to look forward too while playing from level 1 to 50. I feel like these new abilities would be beneficial for another reason. The people killing would have to enact different strategies for killing. I do understand the risk of an update like this. I have to agree DR wouldnt be fun if at level 50 you unlocked an op ability. So there would have to be a level of balancing.

Bro make sure u vote for ur own idea first