Custom Server Translations - pt

Hello! As last time, as I have several texts to report, I will separate them into numbered topics to make it easier to understand.

Affected Language:

Portuguese - pt

Affected Service (Game name, hub, or menu):

1. Sky Wars: Custom Server, Game Settings - Revive Settings
  2. Sky Wars: Custom Server, Game Settings - Revive Settings
  3. Sky Wars: Custom Server, Game Settings - Chest Settings
  4. Just Build: Custom Server, Game Settings - Block Groups
  5. Just Build: Custom Server, Game Settings - Theme
  6. Death Run: Custom Server, Game Settings - Shorten Time
  7. Block Drop: Custom Server, Game Settings - Amount of Vaults on Start

Affected Text:

1. “Ative o ressurgimento depois de um jogador morre e controle se o jogador deve manter seu inventário depois da morte.”

2. “Ativar a manutenção do inventário após a morte”

3. “Permitir que os baĂșs sejam recheados com espĂłlio”

4. “Lama” and “Bandeiras”

5. “Parquedas”

6. “Encurta o tempo quando um jogador terminar o jogo entre os primeiros.”

7. “Defina o nĂșmero de Cofres dados inicialmente”

Suggested Text:

1. “Ative o ressurgimento depois de um jogador morrer e controle se o jogador deve manter o inventário após sua morte.”

2. “Habilitar manter seu inventário após a morte”

3. “Permitir que os baĂșs estejam cheios de espĂłlio”

4. “Terra” and “Estandartes”

5. “Paraquedas”

6. “Encurta o tempo quando um jogador Ă© o primeiro a terminar”

7. “Defina o nĂșmero de Pulos entregues inicialmente”

Explanation of Issue:

1. The word “after” was repeated many times on the same line, which makes the text a bit repetitive. In addition, the final part of the sentence could be slightly altered for better understanding, meaning and agreement with the language.

2. The word ‘Manutenção’ is incorrect in the translation, making the phrase mean “Enable inventory maintenance” instead of its original meaning which is “Enable keeping your inventory”

3. The word “recheados” (stuffed) doesn’t make much sense, because most of the time it’s correct to be used in the confectionery, when you’re “recheando algo” (stuffing something).

4. The translations are correct, but considering they are blocks of Minecraft itself, I think it’s best to stick with the translation proposed by the Mojang translation team. That way, there won’t be any confusion when it comes to understanding what those blocks are, as they’ll be in the same way both in Minecraft’s creative menu and in the Custom Server.

5. I believe there was a typo when the word was being translated or when typing it.

6. Sentence order is not making much sense and not using words very correctly, causing possible reading confusion. The translation is also not correct.

7. The in-game item is not supposed to mean vaults (to store money), like in the translation, but vaults that mean ‘to jump over something’. Changing the verb “dados” to “entregue” is because the sentence would look really weird after changing the word “Vault” to its correct meaning.

Screenshots and/or video:

1 & 2:

3:

4:

5:

6:

7:

Hey there :wave:

Thank you for suggesting an improvement for our translations!

I have forwarded these suggestions to our professional translators to be verified.

For issues 4-7, I have gone ahead and implemented these changes myself. For issue 7, I have gone with the following translation - ‘Defina o nĂșmero de Pulos dados inicialmente (insira 0 para desativar).’

Have a great day! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Our translators agree with this change and have gone ahead and implemented it. The change should appear in-game in the near future.

Our translators agreed with your suggestion, and have change the text to the following:

‘Ativar recurso de manter seu inventário após a morte’

Our translators did not agree with this suggestion for the following reason:

As per Aulete dictionary:

1. Fig. Muito cheio, repleto; ATULHADO: Ele tem sempre a carteira recheada de dinheiro.

“recheado” means exactly filled in a good sense; it’s a metaphorical meaning and largely used with objects, not only with confectionary

Have a great day :slight_smile:

2 Likes