Crates full of Cosmetics

Currently the only way to get cosmetics is by buying a costume or getting to a certain level in a game, or do something in that game. This is where crates come in.

How would it work?

You would get keys for winning games for that specific game. If you win a game of TW, there is 1/10 of a chance of you getting a TW key. This makes it a bit harder getting them, with the 1/10th of a chance of getting a key. To get a crate it will also be 1/10th of a chance of getting it by winning a game. You can lower or raise the 1/10th as some games are harder. Inside the crates will have game related cosmetics. For a TW crate, you would get TW related stuff and so on for other games. This would create a whole new way to get cosmetics. Only MM keys can open MM crates and for other games. It wouldn’t make sense getting a DR key and opening a SG crate. No no no no, that’s just messed up. Lol.

Conclusion

Honestly the Hive doesn’t need this. It would just be cool to have it in there imo. Lemme know your thoughts on this!

Nahhh. Just level up! Cosmetics are in every game already just waiting to unlocked!

P.S. I’m not playing murder mystery ever again lmao

2 Likes

Or you could do quests and eventually get any costume you want.

Yes, you could do that too. But adding crates in will create an easier and a new whole entire way than just saving up on QP. Also if you want to get the monthly costume at the quest master then you have to wait a while for the next one to come out if you recently bought it. That means that crates would be quicker and easier. Welcome to forums by the way! :partying_face:

this would be ok unless it’s p2w

pay to cosmetic = / = p2w ???

3 Likes

no

as in if crates gave things that would help you significantly

It’s not p2w. It explains in the topic how to earn crates and keys

1 Like

Hmm. I guess so. But I’m also thinking about what they did on Mineplex. Basically you play games and collect “shards” which could then be used to purchase crates. Those crates would then give you cosmetics, a morph, or some fun gadget you can use in the lobbies. Sometimes during events they’ll have an easter egg hunt or “trophy” hunt and once you find them all, you get a crate. What do you get as a reward for completing the hunts? A costume. What do you get from essentially playing games over and over? A costume or a booster. I think that Hive is basically doing the same thing Mineplex is doing but in a different format.
Not to mention, I believe crates could potentially make costumes less special. I always get a feeling of achievement whenever I gather enough QP for a costume, like I’ve earned it. I don’t wear them nowadays but I recently gifted a costume to someone and they said that I was “too generous”. I guess most people just really love the costumes.
Using Mineplex as an example again, I never purchased any crates with real money, but I have acquired a handful of crates. Except for the morphs that allow you to fly, ultimately none of the cosmetics or gadgets felt great to get. Just didn’t feel worth it on the end. Especially since so many other people had the same gadgets and particle effects and whatnot. They just feel like nothing more than collectibles.
Granted, I guess the whole collectible thing is an appeal to some people, but that’s just what the minigame costumes and titles are; almost anyone can get them if you grind for long enough. The hive store costumes though, those you either have to spend money for, which most people don’t do, or you earn them. By completing quests.
In short, Hive already has their own “crates”, and actual crates could just cause costume inflation.
Is this too long? I’m sorry. I get really wordy and emotional when it’s late at night. Also I’m new here, so I’m still learning. :stuck_out_tongue: