Cosmetic(s) For Having A Forum Account

How do you know those people you see are underage and shouldn’t be on here? Even if you’re right and there are more underage kids on here than on Discord, are you saying the Discord cases are not important/relevant just because there are less of them? It’s just as easy to create a discord account. Even if their parents ask about Discord, the kid can always lie and say they’re old enough to have an account. Yes boosting the server is not free but because of that, it encourages those kids who really want it to ask for or steal their parent’s money to get it.

1 Like

It is kind of obvious sometimes…

You could say the same thing for the entire Hive server. Hive +, Replay, costume, bundles etc.

3 Likes

okay, so nothing we can do about that. We kinda strayed off topic to the suggestion here, but your initial counter was refuted.

You are right…but I still think it would bring more underaged people to the forums…

1 Like

that can be the case for anything/anywhere just like Discord. Separate suggestion for better verification on here to prove you’re of age maybe? yeah you can lie, but you can do that for everything.

Cosmetics for boosting the server are The Hive’s way of saying thank you for supporting us. Boosting the server doesn’t really have an impact on anyone other than yourself and the server owners.

In terms of getting cosmetics for joining the forums, you are essentially saying here’s a free costume for no reason really. It’s not as if it’s difficult to join the forums is my point here. Adding to what Hudson said above, there will probably be an increase of underage users joining only for cosmetics meaning they won’t be making any actual contribution to the forums in anyway. People joining the discord just because is fine as imo the forums and discord server have different purposes in The Hive’s community. I’m sure there are some underage people on this forum but that’s something that really can’t be instantly fixed I suppose.

The discord is for general discussion/meeting with other community members while these forums are for more structured conversation in regards to The Hive/Minecraft (excluding the mass amounts of forum games) Personally I’d rather have a forum of 300 active members rather than that of 1k+ members with few participating in discussion, which seems to be the case at present (those numbers are for example purposes)

More people joining the forums and not participating in discussion kinda defeats the point of the forums. Even if some join the forums for cosmetics but still participate in discussion, there is still that likelihood that some may or may not be underage.

Users in the past have suggested that you must have a certain trust level to get a cosmetic for being on the forums, since TL3 isn’t a thing anymore, TL2 - member would be a good measure to gage participation in forum discussion

To wrap it up, getting cosmetics for doing a fairly simple task/non-special task isn’t something that I think make sense. The only time this has been done is for the free frog costume.

3 Likes

This would honestly be a better way to do it

I know the conversation’s over, but I saw a team submit literally a 4 second video for the Replay Cinema Competition (no effort at all) and they didn’t break any rules so it counted as a valid entry. I think they just wanted the hub title & avatar that came with participating.

Not quite the hub title and avatar is kinda like thx for participating and encouraging ppl to buy the replay pass

1 Like

I’m saying that the team put in no effort at all into that 4 second submission. The point of the competition was to give creative people a chance to make something funny, cool, or entertaining for people to watch & this team didn’t try at all.

the “thanks for buying it” would be the racoon, hub title, & avatar you got for it. They definitely didn’t need to include those with the pass, but they did. I certainly would have still bought the pass even if it came with none of those cosmetics.

1 Like

Well actually they did bc making vids is not as easy as u think

i’m 99% sure that Hive can’t track that.
and they aren’t gonna spend their time checking manually.
so ):

either way. why would you want more people like that? there would obviously be more people here because, like Hudson said, being on the forums doesn’t cost anything but Nitro does.
your argument is valid but also isn’t; what’s the point in introducing even more underage and disrespectful people to the forums?

I wasn’t saying that it was necessarily possible, but rather that it has been suggested in the past

i know, just pointing it out

I’m pretty sure they can, especially that Xbox accounts are now linked to the forums

@AlphaDivided just realized we used the same pfp thing lol

2 Likes

This might be a dupe

This one is very similar to this suggestion, but the older suggestion is a little outdated because regular is no longer a thing.

1 Like

I don’t “think” making a video is easy. I know from experience & because I entered that contest too that making a video is not that hard.

1 Like

tbh i agree with hudson with the fact that it will just bring alot of underage users wanting a free costume or whatever

i also think that the mailbot promoting the forums without an age requirement stated (if this has been changed since sorry) isn’t the best of ideas because again, underage users will see and be like “omg i wanna check that out” and then make an account and post and stuff like that cos they are kids, i dont think there is a notice saying ‘you need to be over 13 to make an account’ when signing in or creating an account so the underage users wont see that and join for the reward and end up staying which they shouldn’t be allowed to

(sorry for the lack of grammar)

tldr; agree with hudson

3 Likes