Command Idea: /wwq

So basically my suggestion is to add a feature where you could toggle something called Worldwide Queue.

Function

Basically what it would do it would find matches anywhere, instead of just in your region. For example, if you were trying to find a match of Block Party in NA, but there’s not a lot of people playing, it would queue you for a game in EU (if there’s more players). It would be togglable, with a command called /wwq. There would be a notification saying, “Queues taking too long? Try using /wwq for better matchmaking!”.

Why?

I hate having to return to the hub, go to Globey (no offense to Globey, of course), wait for it to load again (which takes quite a while if you’re a switch player like me), queue again, and hope there’s more players. Tons of other games will find a match outside your region if it takes too long, and i feel like it would be useful for hive.

Thank you for reading!

Edit: i have recently found out that it might already be planned. If it is, please don’t lock this. I want it to be togglable with a command, if it isn’t already gonna be togglable.

JJ's Note

Why is my luck so terrible in skywars? i feel like whenever i get a lucky island and get full diamond, i just die within the first 30 seconds.

I think they are working on something like this right now. I could be wrong but I think they are.

4 Likes

This would especially help on mornings for me, when it takes 20 minutes to get in a game of SkyWars. You have my vote! :ballot_box:

3 Likes

I personally wouldnt use this because i couldnt deal with the lag, but I’ll still vote because some players might find it useful

2 Likes

They are? i swear i didn’t know that before posting this.

and here i was thinking it was an original idea :expressionless:

I feel that. At night it takes me 10 minutes to get into a game of SG.

Makes sense. There could be a warning saying “Can cause performance issues, but will lead to faster matchmaking.”

edit: tiny edit bump

4 Likes

why does WWQ Look so similar to WWI

That’s… one way to see it.

2 Likes

BUMP! This would be extremely useful.

2 Likes

BUMP! This could lead to faster matchmaking in GW!

3 Likes

It takes a full minute for me to switch regions so it’s not usefull unless it would have taken over a minute to queue in my current region.

3 Likes

Bump, this morning I tried to join a GW game and had to switch to another region to get enough players.

1 Like

This pretty much sums up how our planned agnostic region update will work. You can read a little bit about this below:

3 Likes