CIA Error Still in April :(

Affected Service (Game name, hub or global):
Duos, Squads, trios, Mega

What is the bug?
CIA Error

Screenshots and/or video:
The following instances are when I have received a CIA error:

1. Another team was attacking my chest, was able to break in and hit the chest. At the same exact time, I hit them with my stone sword and I was CIA’ed. No one was cheating here, not them, not me. I just hit them and was CIA’ed.
  2. In Duos, on Stranded, another player was glitching into the diamond base in the ship at the top, they were half-way in with their head showing. I struck them with my sword, and I was CIA’ed. (Yea, they won because they were cheating, and I wasn’t)
  3. I have had multiple occurrences where jump bridging a block doesn’t place and when it suddenly appears as I fall into the void, through the block, I’m CIA’ed. Again, no one is cheating here, and I’m kicked out.
  4. If another player has a substantial lag, and you attack them, you will get CIA’ed - suspect it’s because the system can’t tell why it’s registering a hit.
  5. When another player is lagging, they jumped up onto a bridge, and I hit them, I was CIA’ed - probably similar to issue 4.
  6. I had died, and I went to go view where the players were, teleported to a player who was glitching (suspected Xbox users, as they seem to still be able to glitch into objects) and I was CIA’ed because they were glitching!

I recognize that this has been around since March 10th (see post here: Getting kicked for "Error: Cia"), but this really needs to be rolled back. For the last two days, playing TW has been unbearable! I have been kicked 6 times now, when I was down to the last one or two players. Of my clan, 3 people just got kicked in the last 30 minutes. Please roll back the CIA error and send it back to SQA. I will start recording video clips and put them up here, but this is so far, totally unfair and only benefiting the cheaters who get away with this.

Please, please, roll this all back. Rework, and redeploy when it’s ready.

Hey,

Sorry that this affected you. We’re currently working hard on improving our anti-cheat and this has unfortunately been an unforeseen side effect of some changes we have recently made. Our anti-cheat developer is aware of these issues and is working on fixing them :slight_smile:

5 Likes