Chroma: Armor pricing

:shield: Chroma: Armor pricing (Murder Mystery) :shield:

Continuing the discussion from the murder-mystery channel on Discord.

The current price for armor on Chroma is nine coins. As armor makes the game more stratetic and sometimes challenging for the murderer, players think that the price should be increased.

(Please note: Armor does not protect the murderer anymore and innocents get a 3 second grace period when their armor is broken!)

Armor can be seen as a late-game item (like diamond armor in Treasure Wars) and shouldn’t be obtained within 45-60 seconds of the game. (45-60 seconds is the time players need to obtain a bow, according to JollyajaX, which is therefore also the time you need to get nine coins for armor at the moment).

Also once you got 10 coins as an innocent (armor + arrow) you can currently camp in a corner with a bow and ‘trap’ the murderer, which is why I personally and others think the price should be increased.

JollyajaX:

What do you think? How much should armor cost on Chroma?

• 9 coins (current price)
  • 10 coins
  • 11 coins
  • 12 coins
  • 13 coins
  • 14 coins
  • 15 coins
  • More than 15 coins
0 voters
3 Likes

They should make it so that you can only get the armor 1.5 mins into the game

It should still be first come first service and not who spams the most clicks in my opinion. 12-15 coins would require approximately 70-90 seconds to collect. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

15 coins puts this as one of 2 items in the game at this price, along with the spacesuit. Both items are late game suits used to dodge the murderer, so I think price matching the spacesuit at 15 coins is a good idea.

4 Likes

Personally, I never use spacesuits because of how they slow you down and because of how for like 90% of the spots you don’t require the spacesuit.
Also, I prefer the bottle of speed because that is much more useful in any situation, murderer or innocent