Changing The Spellbook Texture

Adding on to this post, might as well change the spellbook textures to be unique, for example the texture for the spell of life can be a book with a heart in the middle, spell of swiftness can be a book with wings attached to it and then spell of fire trail can be a book that is on fire. Look at picture below art by yours truly

7 Likes

Amazing art.
I’d absolutely love to see this!

Giving each book unique looks will make things much more convenient while in intense fights.

2 Likes

Nice drawings but I think they shouldn’t have anything sticking out of them, instead stuff should just be on them like the life book and the second swiftness.

I really like this idea so, I took a shot at make some concepts for them (I couldn’t find a proper 16x16 image of the enchanted book so I had to make my own >.<)

These are just rough drawings of what I would imagine in game
Speed - I couldn’t make a good angel wing so I used sonic’s boot instead
Spell of Speed

Fire
Spell of Fire

Health
Spell of Health

25 Likes

Here is my edit for the various spells…

Spell of Swiftness

output-onlinepngtools (13)

Spell of Fire Trail

output-onlinepngtools (14)

Spell of Life

output-onlinepngtools (15)

13 Likes

actually now that i think about it, the books with effects outside/item of them are really cool as art but looks really bad as an item when you hold it in your hand, and galaxite suffers from this problem with how weird the armour upgrade looks

very good art though

3 Likes

ive never really had that issue, but its different for everyone so

1 Like

Indeed, it can be extremely useful.

Bump because i was just about to suggest this

1 Like

This is a great idea and should definitely be added. It would be useful for the player because you could see what kind of book they had while fighting them. Keep up the good work! Voted.

Bump because

10 Likes

Great idea! Voted!

1 Like

Bump! i really want this to happen. i would really like to see what hive would do with the textures.

3 Likes

I’m bumping this post. I’ve come to a point in my games where the general appearance of the spells are starting to confuse me, especially when I’m organizing my inventory. It’d be nice to know what spell I have based on its appearance rather than its title.

3 Likes

this is a good idea that i will vote although i do think people should try to make a hotbar setup that they will normally use in games and is most practical