Changing The Hives server IPs

So right now they have two ways of joining the hive. Joining from the featured server list, or the IPs.

The IPs are currenty
main IP address is: geo.hivebedrock.network

• North America: ca.hivebedrock.network
  • Europe: fr.hivebedrock.network
  • Asia: sg.hivebedrock.network

When I use the IPs i end up typing ‘na.hivebedrock.network’. and this IP is not the right one.

add the IPs

• North America: na.hivebedrock.network
  • Europe: eu.hivebedrock.network
  • Asia: as.hivebedrock.network

I think it’s cuz of the hosting countries
Asia- Singapore
NA- Canada
EU- France
Though u were decoys lmao

4 Likes

ok so what
they aren’t asking why
they’re asking for it to be changed to something easier to remember

dunno how hard it is to change the ip of a server like hive so hopefully someone with that knowledge can clarify if this is reasonably possible

1 Like

Personally I agree with you branryl but even if it was changed to be something simple, it would be kind of an issue. You see, the server is already a featured server which means everyone would connect by the featured server list anyway as it will send you to the nearest region you are in

Those IP’s are for people who want to connect to a specific region as they join the server without been sent to their default region. As off saying this, i’m unsure if the hive is allowed to change the IP’s as some hosts like to be complicated with it. I’m also unsure on what host they use so I cannot give a correct response.

For players who use the current IP’s listed, will probably be wondering why it no longer works and this may be an issue to returning hive players as there will be new reports and issues that the server IP’s are not working. Therefore giving more work for staff to do.

So I guess keep the IP’s as they are

However this is just my opinion

yes just make new ones forward to the old ones

1 Like

Its alot harder than that, Hive has so many servers that theyl need to update so you dont join something else, and plus people who are using the hives ip theyd have to change and seriously, who can be botherd?? This would take a couple of days changing the ips off all there servers and getting their hosts to work with this and make sure everyone knows and sadly not everyone will be botherd to change so the hive will see a player decrease😪

fair enough suggestion mate, i understand, but if you dont want to connect via featured servers then clearly your botherd to find out the ips.

1 Like

I don’t think there’s much to update, they just need to register the new domain names and link them to the actual ip addresses. The Hive can hold onto the old domains while they inform people that they have new ones going forward, that way no one will suddenly be unable to connect to the server.

It’s not really that important of a change though so I can see why the Hive wouldn’t want to bother.