Change to codes to make easier to redeem

Idea:

This idea is short but maybe a good change if implemented. When receiving codes via “The Buzz” they can be hard to read sometimes. My idea to solve this is to change codes slightly so they can only contain (one choice of the following and the other would never be in a code) I or l as well as O or 0. As well as after the code in “The Buzz” to add a disclaimer stating the change (for example it would say “O and I are never used in redeemable codes”

More information:

Thank you for any consideration or feedback this might receive! I can try to word anything better if needed.

Isn’t this… just Nintendo?

2 Likes

Kind of, but it seems like a needed change because of the difficulty or redeeming codes currently

2 Likes

Idk what you do, but I just copy and paste. Maybe this would be good for controller, but it doesn’t seem like something they would change. I agree this system is better though, so I will vote for it.

3 Likes

This doesn’t seem like Hive would change this but I think its pretty obvious to tell the difference between a capital O and a 0 but just type the code again if you get it wrong once lol

1 Like

We have already done this with most redemption codes, newsletter codes are on the to-do list :+1:

6 Likes