Change to barrier behavior

tl;dr change the barrier so if you run into it, it acts as a barrier block and you don’t move forward

In ground wars the current barrier behavior when you walk into it is for it to launch you backwards, I personally find this to be annoying because it means if someone is throwing eggs they can constantly run up against the barrier and make themselves difficult to hit. I don’t have a problem with people who play like this, but I think the tradeoff should be that if you are going to sit near the front lines and throw eggs, you should be easier to hit.

Changing the barrier behavior should also help reduce the players using the boost from the current barrier to glitch into areas of the map that aren’t supposed to be accessible.

There would have to be some pretty complex logic in place when teleporting players to their side after the line moved past them.

Although I do agree with the glitching part, that can be fixed by just adding barrier blocks to certain parts of the map

Other than that I don’t see why the current barrier is an issue. It’s goofy, fun, and original. Plus it allows for trick shots and stuff

2 Likes

Im a little laggy man and got kicked so many times cuz that thing flings you and if you’re laggy you stay in the air too long so it thinks you’re flying and kicks you(same with launch pads in ctf). From my view it is a great how it is rn but not for anyone who lags so if they could balance it out better that’d be great.
It’s pretty important to note that I haven’t touched either games in a long time so it may have been improved since then, idk.

1 Like

Send them flying back in that case, but still knock it down significantly

2 Likes