Change The Loot Distribution in SW

Ive noticed while playing skywars that spawn islands seem to have a sort of threshold for loot, as in you will always get a decent sword, armour or utility items. this is pretty good, however occasionally you just end up with really bad loot and i have no idea why. that being said, the whole system is just super unbalanced to an unfun degree to me. I think the mid chests are relatively consistent so theyre fine, but having a meta that relies on rushing mid is just bad design to me. I get what theyre going for, go to the dangerous place to get better stuff, but in my experience, thats not the case. youre going to mid because your starting island didnt give you it in the first place. Its just so dangerous because when the person next to you just HAS better things from spawn, youre put into a position of
A) go to mid, hope to god nobody targets you AND that your chests give something decent to survive with, or
B) dont go to mid because in chain thats literally a death sentence, and mine some ores (which are also not balanced per island at all), only to lose LATER because the people who went to mid now have everything they could possibly need.
Basically whats been made is a situation where the rich get richer. this isnt a skill based challenge to overcome, nor is it even a compelling one.
its literally just “hope you can push this person into the void because they have triple your health, combo starting tools, boomboxes, spells etc etc”

Basically i just wish loot on starting islands are a bit more consistent to each other so you dont end up with half your games having the person next to you going to mid, with a completely unreasonable fight just for some actual decent loot distribution.
keep the RNG, thats fine, but please stop making games be decided from the first 20 seconds just because the cosmic rock paper scissors is stopping you from going to mid.

This is probably one of the better rants I’ve heard in a while
I agree with your suggestion, but maybe include how the loot could be changed
Like do you mean something like “all start islands have relatively the same stuff based on one island in that one game ” or do you mean “all islands should give you ‘x’ ‘y’ and ‘z’ every single game”
I feel like that would help with deciding a stance on this suggestion for me and probably others

i really wouldnt mind it being changed all too much as long as its more consistent among players.
as i mentioned in the closing statement, its more of a cosmic rock paper scissors than a compelling challenge. i.e its not exactly unbalanced, its just some distributions come with inherent and obvious advantages over others

1 Like