Change The Hive Bot Message About Suggestions

This is currently what the Hive bot says in the Hive discord “help-me” channel whenever someone asks about wanting to make a suggestion.

I’m suggesting the Hive bot should instead say something along the lines of:

"Want to make a suggestion? Please do so on our forums by first reading our forum rules and guidelines about suggestions at: Suggestions Category - READ BEFORE POSTING

Then you can make your suggestion so other members of the community can view and discuss it by clicking the “New Topic” button at: Suggestions - The Hive Forums"

I’m suggesting this to help fix the issue of new Hive forum users missing the forum rules and doing things such as making duplicate topics as well as just to make sure all new Hive forum users are educated about the rules and guidelines about suggestions.

Something similar can be said about the Hive bot’s message about bug reports instead of what it currently says as well.

3 Likes

Yes, lately there’s been so many necro posting or duping topics so I think it would definately help newbies understand rules- voted :melting_face:

1 Like

I think an alternative solution to this, (imo it seems a bit messy), is to have new users read the rules of suggestions before being able to make one, because they are 150% able to detect people reading posts (just look at your profile/activity)

2 Likes

yeah i agree with acul. i’m pretty sure some discord servers do that and i think the same could work here.

1 Like

We’ve actually already made this change, the text will be updated when we next update the bot.