Change “next trap” to “next available trap”

As we all know, there are 2 deaths in deathrun. What I’m suggesting is when you click “next trap”, instead of going to a trap that’s already occupied, you skip past that one and go to the next available trap. This would make it a lot easier to go through traps without accidentally trying to use one that’s already occupied

(Sorry if this makes no sense I’m writing this late at night)

3 Likes

It could lead to accidentally skipping traps though and many deaths have a hard time maneuvering through the traps so they likely won’t go back to check. Other than that, I think it’s a good idea.

4 Likes

That’s the point of the suggestion. You skip traps that you wouldn’t be able to activate cause your teammate is there

If two deaths move at the same time and another moves again, it skips one. And it would also skip over traps that are about to refresh.

Yes. Because if your teammate is at that trap, then they can use it to try and kill runners. Why would you want to stand at the same trap as the other death if you can’t do anything?

Why would your teammate be at a trap about to refresh? He would skip over that too. Also my point was that it would be really finicky. For example, imagine a death went 2 traps forward when one death went 1 trap forward. Available traps could be skipped unknowingly.

I don’t think you really understand the suggestion, it’s that you will skip over traps that your teammate is standing at so you can go to the next one, NOT that you will skip to the next trap that has no countdown left

Yeah, I’m saying that it would finicky since players don’t always just go one up only and players likely wouldn’t understand the feature, at least not at first. Imagine if you had a room of pressure plates and you and another player tried to activate them all. Now imagine if you ran into him you telported forward and vice versa. Now imagine this is with buttons in a 2 by 1 tunnel, as there is only one dimension to travel in death run using the next/previous trap, forward and back. If you imagine this, you could see how this would be finicky. But I do think it would be convenient and would like it if it worked smoothly. I just feel like it would be finicky.

Now you’re just confusing me

That’s the point of being a death…you kill players