Change in Color Teleporter Mechanics

I’ve been playing more block party recently, and I’ve had multiple deaths now where I have used a color teleporter, but wasn’t teleported, and then died afterwards. While I understand that making color teleporters super powerful isn’t wise, I don’t think it is a good game mechanic for you to die after using a item that is supposed to let you lie for that round. Every other powerup is usable until you actually die, and I believe color teleporters should be the same way. You should only die with a teleporter if you fail to use it after the next round has actually started.

EDIT: doesn’t change anything about the suggestion, but I believe a color teleporter stops working after the other colors disappear and the “power off” sound effect ends. Leaps and potions still work after this effect though.

imo it adds more strategy this way.
will i make it to the block, or will i have to use the tp?

4 Likes

I don’t disagree with you, but I think an item randomly deciding not to work after a amount of time is bad game design.

2 Likes

Agreed, but thats not whats happening here. Whats happening is, you HAVE to be in the middle of a round to use a teleporter. If you try to use one after the music stops, it won’t work. Not a bug, or a bad game design, just lack of skill. Although I would agree that they should make that more apparent beforehand, since there is nothing that says that ANYWHERE.

3 Likes

The Color Teleporter does not stop working randomly. I’m not sure exactly when it does stop working after the floor falls, but it likely is between 1-2 seconds.

To: @DancerMKA1215 (bc no double post)

Many things won’t be understood beforehand all across the Hive( and other games). The Hive could add a tutorial section in the lobby so players knew how powerups and other mechanics work, but that’s a whole other suggestion.

2 Likes