Camera Rooms! (I need more letters)

In the map Eso Hotel, there is a room located on the 3rd floor that is called Security Room, it only has one interactable, a coffee maker, so I was thinking if the Hive could add a camera system to this map and the map Office, here’s the pic of the room in Eso Hotel

4cd9ad9897708d1bbcc7d1159b0c6a018c5dc658_2_690x326

I’m gonna come back to put pictures on where the cameras should be on Office

1 Like

I know that I said this was copying Among Us earlier, but I have some new thoughts about this!

1. Security cameras should only be on big maps that are actually hard to win as innocent.
  2. You should be able to look through them once for 10 seconds or less for 5 coins per. Otherwise, too overpowered
  3. At least make it somewhat different from Among Us. I feel like it should just show everyone’s skin, and also put graves in the security footage.
  4. Maybe as a design, you can switch between different cameras. Plus, you would actually get the live footage of it instead of a map.

I honestly agree, and have changed my opinion on it vastly!

3 Likes

Like museum and eso hotel?

1 Like

Dont forget to vote for your own suggestion.

Yes. Those maps would actually be appropriate for security cameras where the murderer often either wins, or no one can find the murderer. Also, those maps are huge mazes, so I like the idea of those maps having security cameras!

Interesting idea, but I don’t really see how this would be possible. I don’t think even whatever the hive uses has enough control to change how things are rendered to this level.

2 Likes

The Hive can start adding this piece-by-piece like adding this first to America, then Europe and lastly, Asia

1 Like

That doesn’t make it any more technically possible. I don’t know all that they’re capable of doing, but I’ve never seen something like this done in mc.

2 Likes

I mean… this is in fact just a suggestion, the Hive can decline this and I would still respect them

It would probably require extra coding, and could be possible if they tried hard enough. However, it is very hard, but still possible.

Not necessarily. They’d have to be able to make it so the game renders stuff from a certain area on the screen. This may be possible if the hive has full access to the bedrock engine that mojang uses to make the game, but I doubt that.

And it’s definitely not possible if they don’t. They’d have to either hardcode every possible texture, somehow record it, and then display it on the camera entity. Though maybe they could make something where it shows if there are people or gravestones in a room on the screen.

3 Likes

I think if the Hive were to add this feature, it would be in this way. Yes.

1 Like

I’ve actually seen some vanilla camera mods, and I think these could work similarly. Here’s my pitch:

Put the player into the spectator mode The Hive has and lock them in certain positions, this will act as seeing from the perspective of the camera, with the movement control simply being to move your head.

Leave an NPC where the player once stood when they activated it so that the murderer can kill them while they are looking.

4 Likes

That’s a good idea, I guess I was just stuck on the thought that it would show up on the screen

2 Likes

This concept is effective for maps that need cameras, therefore, this system can be also implemented to the base game of MM

It will be kind of hard to implement but the hive can work it around.

Great suggestion. :slightly_smiling_face:

There are cameras in vanilla minecraft (education edition I think) they do some changes to them and I think they would we good!

It, is possible. If u do it like the Tracking-Compass in SG.