Bug with party and friend request

Affected Service (Game name, hub, or global):
What was affected - please include the region, and the name of the map if applicable
North America Hub
What is the bug?
A detailed description/explanation of the bug
I am trying to add my friend to a party. They are online but in the friend’s list it says they are offline. When I try to invite them to the party using a username there is an error in accepting the party invite.
Device(s) & Version
What platform do you play on (Win10, Xbox, Switch, iOS, Android or PS4) and what version of Minecraft are you using?
My device: Win11 PC
my friends device: ios
Screenshots and/or video:
Screenshots or videos of the bug, if it applies

4 Likes

Hey there,

Thanks for submitting a bug report.

So that we can properly investigate this issue, could you provide some more information?

• Is this issue still occurring?
  • What is the username of your friend?
  • Could you provide a video of this happening?

Thanks!

3 Likes

This happend to me a couple weeks back, but hasn’t happend since; I assumed it was patched.

1 Like

This happened to me, you can simply rejoin and your friend will be online and will be able to join your party.

Have a good day!

Note: i am not a helper

1 Like

This happens to me. I have a video clip if that helps.

My friend invites me to a party, I receive the notification and go on the /p page but there is no invite there. I go on my friends list and he isn’t online though he actually is. I re-log and that doesn’t fix it but if he re-logs, then I start seeing he’s online

8 Likes

i got that exact same bug when i was trying to play with my friend before, it was annoying to figure out what to do to so i could inv him

5 Likes

Hi! I am having the same problem.

I am playing the hive from Nintendo switch, both my friends couldn’t see that I was online. One was playing from their switch the other was on ps4. We could not join a party.

We tried logging off and back in and that did not fix the problem. One of us would always showing offline even though we were there.

Other server parties work fine. Please fix this bug!

4 Likes

I have also encountered this issue

1 Like

This happened to me also. The best thing you can do to fix it is restart your launcher, client or game entirely

2 Likes

Happened on playstation

This has happened to me on PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, samsung galaxy S6 tablet and xbox series s. To fix this you can leave and rejoin Hive, sometimes you may have to restart minecraft entirely.

Issue is still occuring

Maybe I won’t be really useful but my and friend we have experienced it a lot of times in past. Now from a month we didn’t see it anymore.

Online-Offline Bug

So this is all I know about.

• This bug usually afflict players logging in about the same time.

Now I’ll use some examples. [Player1] is the “bugged” player and [Player2] is “normal”.

• [Player1] can’t see [Player2] online but [Player2] can.

• [Player1] can’t send party invites to [Player2] but [Player2] can.

• If [Player2] invite [Player1], they can’t still accept the party 'cause their game says [Player2] is offline for some reason.

• To solve the problem (as players), [Player2] must exit and re-enter The Hive.
    Doing this in [Player1] game will appear the message saying “[Player2] has gone offline”.
    The strange thing is that [Player1] game said [Player2] was already offline!

• When [Player2] come back the online messagge will appear: “[Player2] has come online.

I really hope it helps!

1 Like
Simplified Version

Just go out and back in

1 Like

This happened to me a lot of times and even logging out and in doesn’t help!

Let me correct you: Simplified Version (only solution)

2 Likes

We can’t seem to replicate this issue and it hasn’t been reported in some time so this is being closed. If you are experiencing this issue still then please create a new bug report with the relevant information and videos if possible.

1 Like