Bridge Menu - Spanish (Mexico)

Affected Language:
Spanish (Mexico)

Affected Service (Game name, hub, or menu):
The Bridge Menu

Affected Text:

1. Solitario (Basado en habilidades)

2. Crea tu camino a la victoria en este juego JvJ de ritmo rápido.

3. La fila en solitario tiene un emparejamiento basado en habilidades.

Suggested Text:

1. Solitario (Basado por Habilidad)

2. Haz tu puente hacia la victoria en este Juego JcJ de ritmo rápido.

3. La fila en solitario tiene un emparejamiento basado por habilidad.

Explanation of Issue:

1. Based on the English version it says: ‘Skill-Based’, not ‘Based on skills’, so the correct translation would be ‘Basado por Habilidad’ and it also makes more sense for natives.

2. This line doesn’t make any sense in Spanish, it’s like saying ‘Create your way to victory in this fast-paced PvP game.’ and based on the English version it should say Haz tu puente hacia la victoria en este Juego JcJ de ritmo rápido. To add, the current version says ‘JvJ’ which is incorrect because it says ‘Jugador versus Jugador’ and that abbreviation does not exist, it should say JcJ as it would be ‘Jugador contra Jugador’.

3. As in the first line, if it is changed then it should also change since it says ‘basado en habilidades.’ instead basado por habilidad.

Screenshots and/or video:

1 Like

Hey there :wave:

Thank you for suggesting an improvement for our translations!

I have forwarded this suggestion to our professional translators to be verified.

Have a great day! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey there,

Thank you for submitting a translation issue. Please see the feedback from our translators below:

The suggestion about “PvP - JcJ” is correct, thank you for pointing it out, I already changed it.

Now, related to the suggestion about “Bridge to victory - Haz tu puente hacia la victoria”, please note that we try to avoid literal translations. The suggestion kindly proposed would be an unnatural structure in Spanish and too literal. The first translation is correct and natural, anyway, I changed the verb and the preposition, and I applied the closer translation to “bridge”, to make it fit more to the suggestion.

And finally, about the suggestion “Skill-Based - Basado por Habilidad”, as I mentioned in another string, is too literal and the use of the preposition/upper case in both terms is incorrect.

Please check the following link, the translation of the term is correct and natural for Spanish speakers:

Traducción Skill-based al Español | Diccionario Inglés-Español | Reverso

Also, the structure (with the preposition “en”) is consistent in both lines:
"skill-based - “basado en habilidades”
“platform-based” - “basado en plataformas”

Have a great day :slight_smile:

1 Like