Brazilian Portuguese Translation Improvements Suggestions

Affected Language:

All the translation error reports and recommendations below are based on the Brazilian Portuguese language.

Affected Service (Game name, hub, or menu):

Hub (1 - 3); Survival Games (4); Treasure Wars (5).

Affected Text:

(1) | On the Quest Master’s island, just behind where the player appears, there is a small taxi that will teleport you to the front of the castle if you hit or click on it. The text “Voltar para surgir” is written in a strange, unnatural way, which can be more interpreted as “Back to emerge”, a phrase that doesn’t make much sense. The text “Tocar para teleportar” has a verb conjugation error in the word “Tocar”.

(2) | Above the game’s NPCs, there is text that says “Punch a game to play”, the text is not translated unlike other things in the hub.

(3) | Just behind where the player appears in the hub, there is a little planet written “Região Seletor” above it. The sentence is typed incorrectly.

(4) | When a survival game match is about to start, players are in a period where they cannot attack each other for 30 seconds. In the chat a message appears saying that the players are in “período de carência” / “grace period”. This term used can be a little difficult for new players to interpret, as “carência” means “lack” or “needy”.

(5) | In Treasure Wars Mega, minions’ treasures were translated as “Lacaios”, which means “Footmen”. I understand that this is one of the meanings to the word “Minion” but there can be problems with the word meaning “Servants”, which can cause confusion and doubt for new players.

Suggested Text:

(1) | The text “Voltar para surgir” could be changed to “Voltar para o Início” and the text “Tocar para teleportar” could be changed to “Toque para teleportar”.

(2) | The text “Punch a game to play” can be translated to “Dê um soco em um jogo para jogar” or “Clique em um jogo para jogar”.

(3) | The text “Região Seletor” could be changed to “Seletor de Região”.

(4) | The text “Período de Carência” could be changed to “Período Pacífico”, which also means “Pacific Period”.

(5) | The word “Lacaio” could be changed back to the word “Minion”, leaving that word the same as the original text, in English.

Explanation of Issue:

(1)¹ | The text back to spawn doesn’t make much sense in that context, which can make the player a little confused. I believe that the problem happened when translating the phrase “Return to Spawn” which can have two meanings: spawn can be an action or a place.

(1)² | The word “tocar” is being conjugated wrong, meaning “touches” and not “touch”. Being in the future of the subjunctive mode, it would only be correct if it was referring to something that would happen in the future, like the phrase “A Terra ser destruída quando ele tocar o cristal” - (Earth will be destroyed when he touches the crystal).

(2) | The translation “Dê um soco em um jogo para jogar” is the literal translation of the phrase, while the phrase “Clique em um jogo para jogar” is the smaller and more simplified version which means “Click a game to play”.

(3) | The phrase is misspelled, meaning “Selector Region” instead of “Region Selector”.

(4) | The word “Pacifista” seems to work better than “Carência” here. While “pacifista” means “pacifist”, referring to something calm, without chaos, exactly like the beginning of the game; the word “carência” is the name given to when someone is in need of something or someone close to them, which doesn’t make much sense in the context of the game.

(5) | I believe that when the treasure was named Minion, it was intended to be a smaller version of the Boss treasure in the center. So I think keeping the word Minion is better than translating it, as it can make it easier for new players to understand and avoid misinterpretations of the game.

Screenshots and/or video:

(1)

(2)
a42fe0ff-7526-4c9d-9e09-02bc7a7b54cc

(3)

(4)

Final Notes

I’m sorry if it was a very long text, I tried to include as much detail and explanation for better understanding as possible. If you still have any questions you can ask in the comments and I’ll do my best to answer!

Hey there,

Thank you for suggesting an improvement for our translations!

I have forwarded this suggestion to our professional translators to be verified.

In regards to the missing translation that you reported, this specific string has actually already been translated, it will appear in-game soon.

Have a great day :smile:

2 Likes

Hey there, I have added the outcome for each of your suggestions below:

1 - Our translators have approved this suggestion, and it will soon be implemented into the game.

2 - This text was introduced recently and is currently in the process of being translated, it will be updated in-game soon.

3 - Our translators have approved this suggestion, and it will soon be implemented into the game.

4 - Whilst our translators did agree that the current translation is ambiguous, they did not agree with the proposed change, and have instead changed the term to mean ‘ceasefire period’.

5 - Our translators have determined that the current translation is correct and that there is no need to change the string.

Thank you for contributing to the improvement of our translations! :translations:

2 Likes