Block Party: Removal of Colour Teleport

Idea:
Remove the “Colour Teleport” power-up.

More information:
Block Party is supposed to be a game where reaction time is one of the most helpful skills to have when playing, as well as co-ordinating the most optimal position in each floor type.
As of now the best way of winning is to just go after as many powerups as possible in the hopes of acquiring a Colour TP. The game heavily relies on only using powerups to win instead any / much skill at all. Power-ups shouldn’t be the main focus of the game, I believe a slight change like removing any TP-like powerups from the game would be beneficial. As many players have already outlined, the game is mostly RNG based.

no.
just no
nono
and no.
how is removing something that helps you win the game beneficial, i bet you used the tp powerup once and now your talking smack about something that can save your life, also blockparty is somewhat repetitive and all that matters is being fast, not reaction, and paying attention to the colors. reaction is somewhat a skill you need for this but this isnt a little fun game that can help make your reaction timing better and just a game you can play for fun. you might as well remove leap also because thats a life saver also, and if hive thought it was a bad idea in the first place for the tp powerup then why did they add it in? also, you require skill to even predict where the powerups will be, when you actually pay attention to what other players are doing also you can actually see how much effort they put in when playing this game, using skill to help them. your basically ruining the fun of the game if you remove this one powerup because how loved it has become in just 1 day. I have probably won half of my wins due to the TP powerup.

5 Likes

Unlike colour tp, leap does not guarantee surviving a round.

“Predicting” is not skill, it’s luck.

The game shouldn’t focus this heavily on powerups. Getting to round 25 is way too easy now as you don’t even need to try to get to the right colour if you have enough tps in round 21+.

A lot more skill is required when playing BP without powerups, don’t see your point.

From what I’ve seen more people dislike this powerup.

I have also won most of my games using this powerup, but it isn’t satisfying at all to win this way when all that is required is to just collect at least 3 Colour TP’s to secure a win.

5 Likes

Truest thing I’ve ever read. Although I don’t think removing it is the way to go, a nerf would be great. This post is about nerfing it.
I had a game where the last 5 rounds me and some helper only used tp’s. It was super boring, but hey, another tie game is pretty nice.

4 Likes

ok, so, you say you have won most of your games with this powerup, but then it isn’t satisfying enough when you win with it so you wan’t to remove it? if one of the problem is because it doesn’t seem satisfying enough then what is really the problem with it.

thats why powerups are a thing

this is more of my fault but… with enough time of playing, powerups spawning just seem to get way to repetitive where they spawn which makes predicting more easy, which i guess yeah, isnt really a skill but still, luck does not mean the same as prediction. and most of the time power ups spawn more out, which again, another easier way of predicting

maybe the Color TP is boring or not requiring skill to use and win with but its like the same as the Knockback nemo, its boring and annoying when people use it and as someone who plays a lot of solo kits and duos i see these pretty often and i have had times where ive got really mad because someone knocked me off. but you don’t see hive removing knockback nemo so why remove Color TP?

I would personally like to see color teleporters removed but what I think is more likely to happen is its drop-rate will be reduced significantly.

4 Likes

it would be better to nerf the drop rate then just remove the thing completely, which is a good idea instead of removing it, it would probably be more fun and not boring if the drop rate was decreased anyways because you would be lucky to get it. it would be cool to have a limit as a second option if that doesn’t work out. like 1-2 tps a round?

1 Like

You pretty much summed up why colour TP is not a good power-up. Also knockback nemo’s drop rates are VERY small when compared to colour TP.

Removal may not be a great idea to some extent.
Here’s some of my experience:

My max round was 24, it was too fast, only 0.5s, how can you reach the correct color without any help if it’s not beside you?

Some rounds I didn’t even collect a single powerup, I just play with my ability and the max round of that was 20. (Maybe it’s my problem.)

Sometimes you might fail to stand on the right color because you rush to pick up the powerup(I had three rounds like this), especially when the powerup was opposite to the chosen color.

But anyway color teleporter needs to be improved. In a game I got 4 in a row and I won that round, I admitted that BP needs some luck but not like this, so I agree with the idea of dropping the rate

1 Like

if you saw this you would actually see that i said it should get nerfed, around the knockback nemos drop rate.

1 Like

I thought of an alternative that would at least fix some of the issues with it.

Replace Colour teleporter with Colour Bomb (BP)

3 Likes

i am not for removing the color teleporters at all, they add their own uniqueness that even the java version of blockparty did not have. however, the spawn rate needs to be greatly reduced. players being able to collect 5-7 a game is just unacceptable and gives players insane advantages over others, especially towards the end of matches

6 Likes

I have probably won half of my wins due to the TP powerup.

I think that’s basically the point this suggestion is making. Block Party shouldn’t be about the luck-based roulette system and relying on 4x of the same item to play the game for you. If you won because you sat there and clicked an item 4 times on rounds 19->22 then did you really win? Or did the game win it for you

2 Likes

I agree with @vvvxj (sorry for @). This is how I think it should work.

1 Like

As a Player who used to play Block party on java I agree there isn’t any skill to the game anymore and having the color bomb just seems like to much. But if there gonna remove the Color Teleport They need to replace it with something else.

[They already made the bridge have no skill to it, now there doing it to one of my favorites that were on java] Voted 100% lol

6 Likes

Actually, you can calculate where the Powerups would be, if you can notice the pattern, they’ll usually spawn near the spot with the least players. Notice that I emphasize usually because this doesn’t always happen, but it does about 65% of the time.