Battle in Sky wars

1)make a system so that players from the PC play against from the PC and people from the phone play against players from the phone (this is the case with every device)
2)Now it’s difficult for people to play Sky Wars from their phone, because there are players who play, for example, from a PC, and because of that they have a big advantage.And I think it is necessary to filter players by the device on which they play.And in my opinion, it will be more honest (Sorry for the mistakes in the text, I use a translator).

They already have this in the form of Platform Based Match Making (PBMM). And before you say “iT dOeSNt wOrK” they are well aware of that.

5 Likes

We are waiting for how it will be fixed

2 Likes

Platform based matchmaking should work, the problem with it rn is people using keyboards or controllers on mobile devices, or other input devices on consoles being paired with controller players.

4 Likes

Why?
Not every mobile player is bad. I’ve been beat several times by sweaty mobile players, so if you’re bad, then just try and get better and then you can beat the pc players.

2 Likes

@AnAbsurdName is this accurate or is there a skill gap? Ik you’re qualified to answer.

Based on Absurd’s previous posts platform-based matchmaking is necessary and better than skill-based matchmaking, but it might be better to hear it from him.

2 Likes

there are many things that contribute to platform disparity.

• One of them, the most notable for pvp, is cps. Getting high cps on mobile is hard, getting high cps on controller is harder, but on keyboard and mouse all u gotta do is butterfly for like 20cps free.
  • Another disparity is the ease of projectile combos, on mobile (the good, pvpable controls (the old ones)) u gotta press and hold to snowball/bow without being able to turn and aim so snowball combos are basically impossible, meanwhile u just gotta press a button on kbm (keyboard and mouse) and controller. This makes it very hard to deal with people who projectile combo when you’re mobile, because you can’t just do it back. (this also applies to pearls and spellbooks, which is very annoying.)
  • A third disparity is the inability to toggle perspective to see if they’re behind you, which is a big deal when being chased.
  • A fourth disparity is that mobile players (on the old controls which most mobile pvpers use) can’t sprint midair so if ur looting a chest and get hit even if u exit the inventory immediately if the person can keep u in the air u can’t escape without placing blocks and hoping they mess up. Obviously this isn’t a problem on controller or kbm. This also limits you to only one kind of jump reset, so fighting people with less ping than u is very hard because you can’t unsprint midair and then resprint for spacing.
  • A fifth disparity is jump bridging. In games like skywars and treasure wars where you gotta bridge to mid being able to jump bridge is important. However, the only platform without a “use” button is mobile (again, I’m referring only to the old controls because the new controls suck for pvp so there’s no real point using them) meaning we can’t bridge as fast or as easily.

All in all, there are tons of platform disparities that make ensuring that mobile players queue with mobile players, controller players queue with controller players, and kbm players queue with kbm players an absolute necessity to ensure a healthy environment for all platform types.

An example of a game without pbmm is survival games (it does have pbmm but it’s never active, if u care to learn why hive has a thing on pbmm in their help page thing), which gets tops 300 players online at once (not good). SBMM would also just be annoying to people like me who are good on mobile, because instead of being rewarded for my skill by winning I’d just get matched with sweaty pc players instead.

SBMM is also just a bad system, try asking around in the pvp community why people don’t like bridge solos queue times and you’ll fairly soon find out why.

2 Likes