Balance SG by Limiting Defensive Items

As of now, Survival Games on the Hive is mostly fun other than the extreme defensive/spammy capabilities of some items added into the game. My suggestion is to severely limit access to such items so that they are a rare reward, rather than being staple tools of the game that are frequently abused and spammed.

1. Bombs need to be less common. While they don’t deal too much damage, they still keep the opponent at bay pretty much indefinitely if you have enough bombs. I’ve seen people spam 15+ bombs for 5 minutes in deathmatch and it’s really a waste of time. Bombs need to be a lot harder to find in chests, because they’re incredibly easy to abuse over and over.

2. Cobwebs need to be much, much rarer. I’ve seen people spam 5+ cobwebs per sword hit. It’s incredibly easy to get a ton of cobwebs, especially if you have maybe 2 or 3 kills. They’re pretty much guaranteed death to get stuck in, and it’s way too overpowered of an item in comparison to the lacklustre weapons and armor otherwise. Nobody should be able to spam entire sections of the deathmatch arena with cobwebs. Limit how easy it is to find it, or remove it altogether.

Yep, that’s really about it. My biggest issue is with cobwebs because there’s genuinely no counterplay other than hoping the opponent ran out of them. It’s really boring and draws out the game unnecessarily.

???

nah they’re good the way they are now. It’s hard to get someone in webs they can just break out with a sword in half a second and bow spamming in sg is impossible because if you are too close it doesn’t deal damage. So yeah the webs are fine.

Definitely not. I love webs :yum:

they not bombs XD. But yeah there should be more of cooldown on how often you can use boomboxes

2 Likes