Back to the Start - Deathrun CS Option

I think it would be cool in dr custom servers if there was an item in your hotbar that teleports you back to the start of the run, and resets all of your checkpoints, perhaps maybe a clock.

But why? this would be handy for multiple reasons. For starters, it would benefit speedrunners. There are lots of hard jumps that speedrunners have to master to achieve top-tier times. However, some of these take you past an impossible barrier. This is basically a wall that you can jump off, but cant climb back up. You cant die either, as you have a checkpoint on the lower level. Your only option is to make a new custom server, which a) wastes time and b) wastes your servers. It would also be good for map memorisation purposes.

Tl;DR: This would be useful to go back to the start so you can get back over certain obstacles.

1 Like

creating a new server because i made a single mistake is a massive waste of time so this better be added before i smash my switch against a wall trying to get sub 70 seconds in relic while having to deal with inputs being canceled out of nowhere

2 Likes

imagine not having 1:07

1 Like

Yes I’m aware this is 16 months old
Was searching for dupes and found this amazing suggestion
As scissors said, this would be a great QoL thing

Bump
Edit to avoid double post on a topic that isn’t mine

2 Likes

I’m not sure about this but a cs option I would like is the ability to disable checkpoints, allowing for more intense games

Bump
ofc with 2 new maps added, people want to find good routes on cs’s and this would make that 10x easier

20d bump via edit

2 Likes

Mega Bump :robot: :robot:

Good Idea Bro :sweat_smile:
I am here, show the idea to new forumers!

1 Like