Award for veteran players

Players that have been constantly playing since 2018 (when the server came out) should receive an award such as a particle effect in hub or a checkmark next to their name. Or maybe even flight perms in hub.Hive needs to show more appreciation to players that have been loyal to the server since the beginning.

Hey there! Welcome!
The Hive has already implemented features that award you for joining for consecutive days, maxing out games, quests and LTM costumes which say you have been playing for a long time. So I don’t really see the point of another award for people who have been playing since 2018.

Remember to vote for your own suggestion to show support!! :muscle:

4 Likes

You can think of the blue elf costume as a reward for being a veteran player, as it’s never coming back

2 Likes

Similar to what BlazeDrake100 said, I think owning the monthly costumes in general (especially the older ones) are a great way to show how long you have been around since they are not obtainable.

1 Like

Its funny how everyone that has replied isn’t an og player.

And is against it, seems legit

These people who replied have been player’s on the Hive for a long time as well. Also there have been many posts saying that they do not plan to add the ability to fly to non staff. There are already things to show your dedication as has been said.

1 Like

no.

impossible to calculate, as someone could’ve joined in 2018 and never played after but still gotten the prize.

4 Likes

How sure are you…
Also, don’t double post smh.

4 Likes

as someone who has played the hive since it came out (you can see by my forum join date and if you use hive tools bot) i think if this is implemented it should be small things. maybe a custom particle trail in dr, not something that would be argued over like a costume

6 Likes

It is not impossible. You can just check if they are active

Agreed, I’m not asking for much, a particle effect in the hub would be sufficient

1 Like

activity is hard to measure, by one metric its login streaks, by another its days logged on per month, either way has the issue that they dont reward veteran players, because that might be their first month on hive or whatever, and they were just very active

another issue is that there will be people complaining that they were an og player, but switched accounts for whatever reason

also, since there are no other ways to get particles in the hub, I doubt they would do that lol

sadly with rewarding things like this, every reason to want it also contains a reason for hive not to want to add it

for example its neat for veteran players, but they would get a ton of complaints from newer players

4 Likes

Ayyyy I have the blue elf

a particle in the hub would just kill all mobile players lmao

on cc its kinda unplayable with the dust storms and ice blizzards and doodah as people walk past you

anyways, im not an og player, but that doesn’t stop me from giving my opinion on this. As others have said above, this is kinda already in the game.

Also, it would be very hard for the staff team to track the logs of every single “veteran player” as you put it, since the hive gets over a million different players in just a day thats some serious scrolling

1 Like

idk the only point i disagree with is the “blue cat costume” because not everyone is a walking money dispensary for pixels on a screen. other than that the points are valid

1 Like

People who have been playing since loginstreaks were added are not veterans

Technically the only real Hive vets are the ones who’ve been playing Java since 2013

4 Likes

Some things are cool here, but regular players bring able to fly seems unnecessary to me. And the particules can cause issues for a lot of players. Other than that, I can see some good points made in the comments.

1 Like

well then, that would probably be a bad thing for me as i’ve switched accs… my old acc name was WolfieDerp. and i’ve started playing well… idk someone check for me