Assigning a new murderer when the current murderer won't kill anyone

If the murderer doesn’t kill anyone in the first 1-2 minutes of the game, then a new murderer should be chosen. I can’t speak for everyone but I don’t like just walking around for 5 minutes, it’s boring. Murder mystery is supposed to be an exciting and suspenseful game, so when the murderer doesn’t do their job it ruins the fun. (Also, I’m not talking about an afk murderer. I mean a murderer who is active but isn’t killing anyone whether it’s on purpose or not)

And to prevent a murderer from only killing one person to avoid having their role taken, there could also be something that requires the murderer to kill 1 person per minute or something to ensure that the murderer stays active

I’d love to hear any other (or better) ideas about this so an agreement/solution can be considered

3 Likes

I think maybe they should have a 2 minute countdown so that if there are any bad murderers, they at least have a chance to try and get a kill. I think if they don’t get a kill in 2 minutes, they can’t just give someone else the role, so maybe the game ends and everyone wins (that could be bad as many people could grind easy XP that way). Let me know what you think.

1 Like

I don’t know about this… it seems like a very anticlimactic ending…
Also because BlossomSky (welcome to the forums btw!) aimed in this suggestion to make games more exiting. This wouldn’t necessarily do that

I do agree with having 2 instead of 1 minute cooldown, though!

2 Likes

I actually agree with you haha, the more I thought about this the more problems I saw with it. I think choosing a new murderer wouldn’t be fair since they would have less time to kill, and giving everyone a free victory isn’t so great either. I guess this is just something we’ll have to deal with :woman_shrugging: but thanks for your input!

1 Like