Allow inventory movements before game begins

Idea: Allow inventory editing during the countdown of CTF games.

More information: In the countdown before a CTF game begins, your inventory is not shown, so you cannot edit where items are. Rather than creating an entire loudout creation feature, my idea is just to make it so that the items in your inventory are visible during that countdown. This lets players move items to their preferred spots without wasting precious time when the game begins as this gives a significant disadvantage.

2 Likes

I may be wrong but I feel like I did hear that in bridge they were adding an inventory loadout editor, so if they are they can probably just add that. Anyway good suggestion!

4 Likes

Yeah I have heard that loadout editors were being considered for CTF as well. I thought this would be a really easy addition either instead to save the developers work or just as a bandaid QOL implementation until then c:

1 Like

I like the idea but is it necessary considering it takes literally like 2 seconds to change your inventory and I’m on switch!

Also another forumer returning at the end

2 Likes

Is it a necessity, not completely? But it would be really helpful to have since those 2 or so seconds can be the difference between the other team taking your flag first vs you taking theirs first.

1 Like

But as long as you take theirs they can’t cash in yours

1 Like

That’s true, but it still can make some impact from what I’ve seen in terms of where players meet on their way back to their base and the positioning they have. I do agree with your point though! This is definitely more of a QoL (Quality of Life) suggestion rather than a necessity

1 Like

Yes it’s definitely just a qol suggestion but that’s ok! You got my vote

1 Like

Instead of this, hive could add some saved inventory settings such as the one on the zeqa server. That would probably more efficient considering you only need to set it on the settings once and not every start. Plus the saved slot settings is already an archived idea and it could be added soon.

Yep! I address that above;
“Yeah I have heard that loadout editors were being considered for CTF as well. I thought this would be a really easy addition either instead to save the developers work or just as a bandaid QOL implementation until then c:”

They should just add item setup to every game that you can change in the hub

Yeah from what Ive read they are making a way to have inventory loadouts, which I think they are going to test for the bridge first and assuming it works implement server wide. (could be wrong but thats what I understood)

2 Likes

I would also like for my items to stay in their preferred spots, similar to bridge. It can be redundant having to change my inventory at the beginning of every match.

2 Likes

Yeah, I agree, but welcome to the forums!

I think this is a great idea and they could come out with it when bedwars releases

1 Like

You could also have presets!?!