Adding more strategic aspects to the Bridge

To me and many others, the Hive’s rendition of the Bridge simply isn’t strategic enough. Here is why -

Currently, the Bridge can easily be won by bypassing with a leap or simply racing faster than your opponent. In contrast to Java’s Hypixel Bridge, voiding (purposely jumping in the void to defend) isn’t very viable and doesn’t allow enough time to defend. My point is, voiding needs to be more viable on the Bridge. This can be done by lowering the pipe where you respawn, moving it further back or even creating new map layouts where it’s not as easy and mindless to score in. This problem mainly lies in Solo Bridge. Anyone else agree on this?

1 Like

Yes i just quit hive’s version of brigdes after knowing that it wasn’t based on strategy :joy:

Welcome to the forums @ohlookitsbowen hope you enjoy it here in the forums :wave: :beedance: :soft_cubee:

The leap can be avoided with many strategies such as throwing snowballs and hitting the enemy mid-air to cancel the effect of leap or countering the leap by using your own leap. I dont think moving the pipe would be a great idea since it will be hard to get to the goal since you respawn near the goal. You can counter someone going to your goal by simply hitting them or throwing a snowball when they are about to jump right in. And yes i could be wrong, and this is a good idea if there are cooldowns so the enemy has a chance to defend. But still, if your not good at pvp or defending, then i suggest playing with a friend or a random players in duos since the other player (or you) can defend the goal and the other can rush the enemy.

Thats all from me. Not to put hate or anything, just saying. If i made a mistake please let me know, but for all, Happy Hiving! :wave:

Don’t get me wrong, countering leaps with snowballs work well, but it’s just not viable enough. It’s just too little of a timeframe - especially when they use their leap right in front of you. You could also just delay your leap clutch on the walls; it’s the meta at the moment. Also, if both - or all - players use leap, it just doesn’t become fun… Bridge turns into a race with minimal strategy. Furthermore, take Hypixel’s bridge. It’s so popular and well balanced, with faster respawns and unique maps, with the added fact that bedrock bridging doesn’t exist. Regardless, thanks for the input! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seems fun to try out
Maybe hive could do this as a ltm and see what people think before adding or not adding it in to the actual game

1 Like