Adding Fire Snakes / Different Variations of the Rolling Log Trap

If you’ve played The Hive long enough you may remember this trap used to exist, before the Rolling Log trap replaced it: (Time stamp 8:23 - 8:27)

I really like the idea of this trap so I’d like to suggest a way of bringing it back in a future DeathRun update.
Instead of the Fire Snake behaving exactly like the Rolling Log trap, 3 or 4 snakes will spawn and they will move directly towards you in a zig zag pattern. Like this:
371908570_SINE_WAVE_400px

Plus there should be a 3D model created for the Fire Snakes. I like the looks of a “elemental” Fire Snake:

If this is sounding too similar to the Rolling Log trap still, why not have different variations of the very predictable Log trap? Maybe on one map instead of Rolling Logs there are Fire Snakes, or instead of Fire Snakes there are these little monster creatures that run towards you to try and eat your feet… :laughing:

More specifically how about on the Zoo map instead of Rolling Logs, 2 or 3 Cheetahs are released by the Deaths and they run towards the players in a hard to predict pattern for about 3 seconds before they despawn and the trap goes on cooldown.

EDIT - I have noticed that this suggestion has sort of changed from adding back Fire Snakes to making more variations of the very predictable Rolling Log trap.

Anyways I hope you like my suggestion. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If I’m going to be honest I don’t really see this being added. Maybe in future updates when a new map is brought into DR and it’s a desert, the fire snakes would make sense then. Or the map western? But fire snakes don’t really go with any other maps theme.

That being said logs are better and they don’t really need a specific theme. They’re a bit plain but it’s just a trap.

Exactly, but more variations of the Rolling Log trap could make it more interesting and less predictable. It’s extremely easy to avoid that trap.

I do agree a Fire Snake will probably have to be introduced into a new map.

3 Likes

This seems like an interesting idea, but I think it would be a little harder to avoid than the usual rolling logs, because they cover the whole thing, so I think it should get added as a new trap

OMG I REMEMBER
I saw this the first time i played dr on my old account

If the Fire Snakes are not covering the entire area of the trap and are going in a zig zag pattern as I mentioned, you will be able to avoid them a little easier. There will be a few blocks that will be safe from the snakes.

Again there should only be 3 or 4 snakes that spawn so they will not cover the entire ground with fire like in the video.

Hopefully what I said makes sense

I might have a recording somewhere in my files wait a sec
Edit: could not find one :frowning:

They probably changed it for a reason. It’s been a decent amount of time since the change. If they were to feel that it should be changed, they will most likely change it in a deathrun update. Nice suggestion. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Alright, voted for the nostalgia!

1 Like

it would be nice for more variety
some of the signs on maps still say fire snake

1 Like

Yeah I noticed this a while back haha

1 Like

I often wondered why the sign reads “fire snake”

1 Like

ngl this is is a good idea this can make hive and deathrun improve!

1 Like

You got my vote :+1:

1 Like