Add the Sonic Custom Blocks to Just Build

So as most of us know, the Hive had a Sonic event and after it ended we got some new maps in Treasure Wars and Skywars with custom blocks from the Sonic update. I’m sure it took a lot of effort to create these custom blocks so we should add them to Just Build to not let the effort put into them go to waste. This would also help Just Build be a more original game than other building games. I’m not sure how much effort this would take to add but if it’s too much then it’s fine.

1 Like

im like half yes, half no

2 Likes

What do you have against this? I’m open for suggestions. :slight_smile:

I mean, sonic blocks would be cool in Just Build, but now that the update has passed, I think they seem a bit out of place, and outdated, but that could just be me

7 Likes

Yes, that’s a valid point but it would be cool if they just made the blocks an limited time block and honestly as a stand alone block they’re pretty cool but I understand what you mean.

Thank you for your suggestion :blobheart: I unfortunately do not see the Sonic blocks being used much outside of the event, as cool as they are they were created for the Sonic event afterall. The Hive was partnered with Sega to create most of the blocks, so a lot of blocks wouldn’t be available since they are Sonic-themed, and were created under said partnership. In addition, it may be confusing for some players to use completely new blocks that they’ve never seen before =)

9 Likes

Okay, I understand, thanks for the information! :grinning:

1 Like

what about the sonic blocks ingame?(skywars and treasure wars)

Those blocks weren’t necessarily sonic-themed, but instead created to go along the event =) :beedance:

1 Like

so the sonic blocks in skywars and treasure wars are actually custom made?

I want to agree with this but I think I disagree, Sonic is over, it was just another era to the hive, we should still be remembering it but adding all of it’s textures to an entire gamemode may be a little annoying. Let me elaborate, the blocks in the sonic texture pack are very detailed, I think it would mean you could put in very little effort and it still looking decent. Also remembering that PlayHive would have had to go through many legal efforts with Sega to let this happen, and using the resources in an inappropriate way could cause issues. I’m not a Lawyer I don’t know this stuff, who knows what my child brain can think about…

Their name is The Hive :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: