Add The Bridge to the API

As splodger said “We are not publishing data for the bridge as we do not want for there to be leaderboards”. Any gamemode can have leaderboards essentially because every gamemode becomes competitve. Also having leaderboards is a good thing mostly since so many players in Hive wanna grind for leaderboards and be competitive. It would drag more players to Bridge if there’s a leaderboard.
Also for us developers, it would allow us to expand our creation more if this was added

Thank you :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Completely agree with you zLevii. Every gamemode is already competitive because the players make it competitive. Adding skill-based matchmaking to The Bridge gave the gamemode the competitive aspect without the need for players to find ways to compete against each other. Players didn’t need leaderboards to find ways to compete with each other because that is what skill-based matchmaking did. Leaderboards won’t change the level of toxicity on the server, it will keep the gamemode more active.

For everyone saying that “players will rage more”, “players can rage quit the game”, etc, I don’t entirely see how that would be due to a leaderboard, that would be more due to the player. There are leaderboards in every gamemode, like treasure wars and skywars for example, which are most likely the 2 most competitive games imo, and leaderboards didn’t change the toxicity or competitiveness, it made competitive players have goals to look towards, but those who rage quit were doing it because they themselves cannot handle their own emotions, and they probably would’ve raged whether there was a leaderboard or not.

It would also help developers as zlevii said, as it would allow us to create more using the api!

What
Every other game has leaderboards, and toxicity or “raging” isn’t an effect of them
Just because the bridge has a slightly different matchmaking process doesn’t mean that simple things such as leaderboards or stats on the api shouldn’t be added due to silly reasons people have thrown out there

I am concerned that this proposal seems to have been forgotten…

It has never made sense to me why the Bridge isn’t included. It’s meant to be a competitive game, and at the moment the bridge doesn’t have any replayability after reaching level 20. Leaderboards wouldn’t increase toxicity or competitiveness, because they would only fight similarly skilled players due to skill-based matchmaking.
I highly recommend voting for this, it needs to be implemented.

4 Likes

I hope they add this. It’s been so long since a reply here and this needs a bump.

1 Like

No, bridge doesnt need a lb lol. Its already toxic enough.

Oh my god can we just add it so we can see it on the api th bridge is basically dead and i dont see why it would be toxic when basically no other game is
also you necroposted

it was linked to by a dupe and i wanted to comment on the original post

1 Like

Every game can be toxic, regardless of what it is and having a leaderboard / data in the API doesn’t change anything about thie game in all honesty. Asking for this to be apart of the API now seems very pointless because suggestions related to API are rarely considered so we can just hope for the best on what Hive wishes to do regarding this :sweat_smile:

the bridge may be toxic on other servers, but it doesn’t necessarily mean that its going to be toxic on the hive as well.

Well explain why they closed off the chat in solos

Bridge is very toxic almost 1/3 games I play I encounter a trash talker

We have disabled the chat in Bridge Solos due to Microsoft Policy which disallows one on one conversations within our server (this is also why you require 3 or more people in a party to use the party chat). It has nothing to do with toxicity :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

But when a duos game starts with two players
You guys are essentially contradicting yourselves

2 Likes

How are you encountering a “trash talker” when the chat is turned off??

2 Likes

Duos has chat on

3 Likes

Why are we talking about chat?
If leaderboards were added, what are people gonna do to be toxic?
Make fun of someone because they’re a lower rank or something?
If so then why have any leaderboards in any game?

1 Like

Like bridge,… goals… you know…?

1 Like

Treasure wars is like this. It’s arguably more toxic. It has an API though

2 Likes