Add "New" to the new DeathRun maps

Most of you know, DeathRun was just updated a day ago and there are two new maps, Village and Survival. My idea is to add a “New” icon to the voting GUI on those two maps to make it slightly easier for people to know what the new maps are just in case they weren’t aware.

This may not be that useful but it’s still worth implementing ig. :+1:

The Hive used a New! tag for Toys, when it released with the level 40 DeathRun content update in April 2020. The result was that you always played the same map over and over again and people had to make a suggestion for the tag to be removed.

Survival and Village are already voted a lot and with this feature it would be more difficult to play other maps because even more players would vote for the mentioned maps. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

the problem with toys was that it was pinned at the top of the voting selection page in every game was it not?

1 Like

Well, pinned only means that you were able to vote for it every game, but yes it surely was a problem as well . The New! tag made everyone vote the map, because it has been highlighted. A New! tag screams for “hey i’m new please use your votes on me”.

I also found this message from 2018:

There was a discussion of only pinning new maps for 1 or 2 days if I remember correctly. I’d be fine with that but longer than that is way too much. :blobheart:

2 Likes