Add more regions like south america, oceania and africa

it is necessary to have because there are so many people who play there and without a server there the ping goes so high.

Brazil being a Region doesn’t really make sense cause its a country, not a continent. But I would say a SA (South American) Region would be a good idea as well as an AF (Africa) Region and a AU (Australia) region would be really nice to see!

You get my vote!
Also, welcome to the forums!! :cubee: :cubee: :cubee: :beedance: :beedance: :beedance:

3 Likes

As an Australian, I would also like to see this, however they used to have a Australian region (it was called Oceania tho) and they removed it just because it didn’t have enough players.

6 Likes

oh thanks for the vote, and the hive really needs more servers options.

thanks for your vote and i also agree the hive needs more country servers.

1 Like

Why so exclusive? I think we also need an Antarctica region.

4 Likes

oh yeah totally, sorry for forgetting that so important region.

1 Like

You should probably remove Antarctica from the suggestion otherwise the hive staff will not take U seriously

5 Likes

They barely take anyone seriously most times imo

Back on the topic so this doesn’t get deleted…
Hive probably won’t consider this since probably not much people will be on the regions which will cause longer wait times for queues and games to start.

3 Likes

realistically South America can be a region but adding the others drive’s up the server cost

1 Like

Here’s something that Splodg3r has to say about a similar topic:

Adding more regions is expensive and increases the queue times by a lot for all regions. Like stated above though, it’s not out of the picture.

Just thought I’d mention that post :slight_smile:

3 Likes

oh thats sad to see, although now since the hive has gotten a bigger community since release it could be possible to see it come back! it would probably also bring more Australian players to the server, (I would hope :sweat_smile:)

I still don’t think the hive will re-add oceania bcs while the hive community has grown, all the australian players play on asia. (also when I went on oceania region when it still existed, there were only about twenty people on it)

1 Like

The current plan is to merge all the regions into one big region that can interact with players from anywhere. There will sort of still be regions, but they will function as a whole I believe. I bet when they do this, they will add more regions for everyone :slight_smile: so it’s less laggy

Where did you hear this? Please add a link to whatever post you heard this from. This doesn’t even sound possible. Then again, Java and Bedrock crossplay exists so ig anything is possible.

Edit: I realize this comes off as a bit negative, sorry about that. I just didn’t really understand how it could work. :sweat_smile:

@Bubblez705 This is actually the plan. The point would be to keep people in their regions most of the time, but if player count is low or you’re in a party then you can still play with players from other regions. This is a visible plan on the updates site (Region Agnostic Queues, Parties And More). :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for linking the website, and the way you explained it makes a lot more sense. :smile:

1 Like