Access for hive+ to nick themselves for all games

Hey!

I’m here to plead for a new feature for the hive+ ranked players of Hive Games. A good reason to begin with is that if one of us is inside the top 10 on any game in the leader boards and someone notices, they may have the desire to focus specifically the person inside the top 10. I have been briefly speaking to an admin about this, they simply replied with “it would be abused too much” well I think that maybe instead of being allowed to choose the nick, they are given a random nickname and to prevent spam of the command, it is given a 5-10 minute cool down.

I don’t believe this command for hive+ would make the server “pay to win” because it is simply just a tool for those who are ranked to use, if they would like.

Thanks for reading.

2 Likes

I would make reporting cheaters/hackers hard to do .ps there are people with hive+ that cheat and hack

3 Likes

Easily resolved by the person reporting the hacker gives their own in game name to an admin and stays in the game they saw the hacker so the admin can tp to the reporter.

1 Like

Most of the time staff arn’t able to respond in time for that to work and staff have allready said no to this so its not happening

2 Likes

Concerning hackers, Hypixel has a system in place to track all of the nicks that each player uses, and if the Hive implemented this (which if they were going to add /nick then they most definitely would), then reporting hackers would not be a problem. I do, however, disagree with the idea that all Hive+ players should get /nick, as that would probably end up with a lot of them never playing with their original name, which isn’t what /nick was intended to be used for in the first place. I say /nick would be the most useful for Youtubers (so it would be a good perk to add to that rank), and leader board players that are within the top 10 (at least when the leader board is implemented in-game) so that neither of which would have to worry about getting targeted/stream sniped. /nick is really just unnecessary for the average player.

2 Likes

I Don’t think a /nick command would be great for Hive+ Players, but I think if Hive added a VIP Rank to their Bedrock server (Like they have on java) then VIP’s should definitely have access to /nick.
In Summation, I don’t think Hive+ Players Should have /nick, but if A Special Role was added for YouTubers, Streamers, etc. Then a /nick should be allowed for them to use.

1 Like

This would be cool, but I think the admin is right. It would be abused too much.
:frowning_face: