Ability to Control Time In Hubs and Game Lobbies

An Activator Like a Clock in your inventory or Commands could be implemented by the Hive so that we could manage the current game time whether it is Sunrise, Noon, Sunset, Night, and Midnight.

This does not apply on actual gameplay, since It is always day and I don’t intend to disrespect its development.

But I see in Hubs and Game lobbies, that time keeps going that it may sometimes be day or night. And I like this to be customizable.

Here are some possibilities for its customization:

Switching Time
Self-explanatory, can choose a state of time of one’s perspective.

Unmoving Time
Can make the current time stop for you. This will be customizable in all and specific Hubs and Game Lobbies.

Real Time
Can make the time in-game matching to the time you have in your country.

Would the time change just for you? And how would they do that? :0

1 Like

This would lead to constant fighting over what time it is unless they figure out how to make it client time

1 Like

I hear and observed from players here in forums and server that in their screens, its night, but at the same time, its day over the other person’s perspective. I think its a player plug-in of some sort and i think it can be customizable.

and @BlazeDrake, there would be an option to revert to the original time.

1 Like

So if it’s client based, I’m all for this idea

I like the idea. Mushroom is really dark when it’s night

1 Like

I don’t think this is what is being suggested @SoccerMaster .

They just want you to be able to pick the time in the waiting lobby and the hubs.

2 Likes

ooo. Would be cool tho for in game imo

1 Like

@BlueSlimeMC i made few errors, its seems the Snowfall on DeathRun/Festive, Snowglobe, Titan on Treasure Wars/ Spaceship,Manor in Murder Mystery have a nighttime theme. They are exceptions.

1 Like

Wait, I also misread it, but yeah it should stay how it is on the maps

1 Like

I remember when there was a daylight cycle in normal games

2 Likes

We need somethin like this because I do play at night sometimes but do to certain reasons with my eyeballs it’s harder to see within the night during like a game of sw.
some people are like
Oh just turn the brightness upppp.
But sometimes I can’t for reasons lol.
And sometimes it’s daytime when I’m playing a game and then sometimes it’s night when I go to the next round.
—————
I would make a command for it to something like
/time day or /time night like if you’re in game. And you could also have a like one of the sunclock things in your inventory while your in the hub
————
I’m sorry if this was hard to read. I’m not the best at wording things and I tend to over explain as you see lol.

This would lag the server/hub if this is added, ngl this is a good thing to add, but if the server has to handle around 17K players just making the hub look like a black and white disco. This might cause issues for lower end devices. Also you can just go download a gamma/night vision TP, it is allowed, it is even said by the Hive in their support forums

Yeah but some people can’t do that like me since I play on an Nintendo switch I can’t really download extensions or whatever

Oh sorry, I didn’t think of consoles when I was writing this, but also nice suggestion for console! But it would lag the server, just like I said. So The Hive may or may not add this

Ik but it still may help to be considered

Bump

I was going to suggest this,
I think I would like to see hub in morning so this would be helpful.