Ability to announce something to your friends list

You should be able to announce something to your friends list

I recently changed my gamertag, and I want all of my friends to know that I am who I am, so I think it could be a good idea to be able to choose between a few things to announce to your friends list.

For example, there could be options like:

• I changed my gamertag! I used to be called “X”
  • I’d like to play with someone!
  • Here’s a cool clip I got earlier! (This would include a drop-down menu of recent replay codes (And this announcement might only show to people with access to the cinema))
  • I have something to tell you all
  • I am taking a break/gong offline for some time
  • I am becoming active again
  • I have a new cosmetic, “X”!
  • I reached max level in “X”!

Etc etc. (Profanity would have to be blocked from these announcements, and I would also suggest a toggle so that players could turn these friend announcements off).

These announcements would either show up in mailbot, or in a “Announcement Inbox” menu inside of your friends list. An idea would be to put a limit of the amount of announcements you can make (So someone’s inbox isn’t spammed full of insignificant posts)

Post any further ideas you might have for this, as well as criticisms you notice.

Thanks for reading!

6 Likes

I like this idea, here are some other option that could be added:

• I have something to tell you all
  • I am taking a break/gong offline for some time
  • I am becoming active again
  • I have a new cosmetic, “X”!
  • I reached max level in “X”!

It would be cool to see this messages in Mailbot

6 Likes

Could I add those to the post, as well as the mailbot thing? Awesome ideas!

3 Likes

I really like this idea, considering I have some of my friends in friend list, who changed their IGN but I still don’t know how they are, so this would be helpful.

Maybe there could be a friend inbox at the top of the friend list, instead of directly showing the announcements on top of the friends list.

Great idea.

:D

3 Likes

I like that idea a lot! Could I add it to the post?

2 Likes

Yes of course!!

2 Likes

Another 1 could be:

“Anyone wanna help me grind to max level in x game mode?”

Feel free to add this!

1 Like

bump
i like this idea, voted!
what i was thinking while reading this was instead of typing out your own announcement, since that would cause a lot of issues like youve mentioned profainity. a good idea would be presets from hive of what you want it to say. for example a preset being

since the server would already know your previous name i assume?

and when using this preset:

it will let you type after selecting the preset. with heavy restrictions of course

Bump
This is a really cool idea that should be added