A sheriff revamp MM

My idea
The sheriff is given a magnifying glass to zoom to players and to choose if that player is suspicious. When the sheriff zooms to the player, the player gets a glowing effect only seen to the sheriff player and has to decide if the player is suspicious or cancel the claim.
When the sheriff chooses it as suspicious, the player gets a warning or exclamation point over their head to signal that they can be a threat to the innocent players. However this only last for 30 sec or 1 minute. When the suspicious player is killed or proven, the sheriff will be given an extra 10xp if it is alive.
Note: The sheriff role only has given a one chance to do it.

Feel free to comment or criticize :balance_scale:

1 Like

If they did this they would have to make nametags visible in mm or they could do something (this is slightly obscure) but the social interactions menu on Java edition with the players faces. Then again there are some people who use matching skins.

I know this is not a perfect suggestion. I’m trying to add some tweaks on it to make it addable to the game.

1 Like

As AculAce said, nametags are not visible in MM and some people may have similar or matching skins, so it would be either impossible or extremely difficult to see who is or isn’t “safe” or “suspicious”

Another problem I see with this, however, is that if this were implemented, it would make the game a lot less challenging, thus taking out a lot of the fun. Incase that wasn’t clear enough, here’s some further elaboration:

Let’s say the sheriff picks out a player to be innocent and they are right. What I’m getting from this is that if the player is proven, then they will get a halo above their head, yes? In the event of there being less players left in the game, it would be way too easy to distinguish innocents from the murderer

Specifics
  • Ontop of this, sheriffs may abuse their power when it comes to marking a player as suspicious. Teamers may use this feature to keep their murderer friend safe and to pick out a random player as a murderer and, as if teamers weren’t infuriating as it is, it would make them even more unbearable, as players with bows will try to shoot them and players without bows will keep running away from them

• If the sheriff isn’t teaming, however, they may see the murderer, you know, murder someone, but miss their shot, so they mark them down as suspicious. This would have the same effect as stated above, in which innocents know exactly who to avoid or who to shoot, which makes it way harder for the murderer (baring in mind playing as murderer is a difficult role anyway) and a lot easier for the sheriff and innocents, which are by far the easier roles as it is

Whenever I go into MM, I also tend to see a lot of people going “x skin murder” “pink hair girl killed”, etc, so this would only serve as an extra to something that players already do

I see the intentions behind the idea, but I personally don’t think it would work very well, and would completely throw off the difficulty balance

1 Like

I might change the original idea I just need to find a better solution to it.

2 Likes

@MasterJim7930 Cool idea :beedance: :beedance: :beedance: :beedance:. On the other hand, you could add a high price if they put suspicious if the person is innocent. Sherrif if the person is innocent be like::melting_face:

1 Like

what do you mean on the high price tho? Do you mean by mm coins?

The bow you get for being sheriff is already super OP, I don’t think this would be a great idea.

We all have different opinions about this. But I think sheriff roles had a potential to do more than just giving you a reloadable bow.

1 Like

They might not have to by making an armour stand always on the same position as the player and naming the stand

If what you mean is that they could use Armor stands as a roundabout way of adding name tags, then you missed the point of what I meant

It’s not that it would be too difficult for them to do (I believe they just found away to activate the setting to hide name tags for all players), it’s that adding name tags would fundamentally change how murder mystery is played making it way too easy to see who the murderer is (e.g. you see two name tags behind a wall and then one disappears with a death sound so you’re able to get away from the murderer after effectively seeing them kill through walls

Even if you mean Armor stands because (I think) you have to look at them to see the nametags, that still wouldn’t work since a player model is bigger than an Armor stand.

Also Why’d you bump this

1 Like

cool idea although

I could say that if the population of players got lower than six, sheriff players will have no magnifying glass until the game ends. Idk just my idea

as its already hard enough for the murderer to win, I dont think this is a very good idea. Its for sure interesting, however, and possibly could be implimented in a fun way.

ur kinda right considering the game itself is hard to tweak with this idea

No. I mean by D E A T H. Thats the answer. Plus, a revamp is a good idea.