A new role, mystery boxes, and more, (mm update ideas)

Introduction: Before we begin, I just want to say, thank you for reading this, it means a lot as my ideas could help change the game we know and love. Secondly I just want to say, I have no idea what is possible to do in a Minecraft server and what’s not, so some of my ideas may not work, however without further introduction lets begin!

A new role - the psychic This game needs something to SPICE it up, and what better way to do so, then a new role, the psychic. With this role, your trenching questions of, “is he the murderer” or “is he an innocent” can be solved with this role, just like the sheriff, and murderer, you get assigned this role as soon as the game starts, and of course only one can be it. The job of the psychic is to help find out who the murderer is by the ability’s your granted during the round, you first get a special type of crystal when you spawn in, with this crystal you get 3 chances to find out who a role is, if there is a person who you suspect, you can hold the crystal, (which won’t be visible to other players) and just punch the person who you think is it, or shoot a secret arrow, what ever could be less suspicious, in the chat it would either say, “this person is an innocent” or “this person is the murderer” just be careful though because you only got 3 chances to find out, aside from finding out the identity of a person, keep an eye out cause from time to time you may find a tiny trail of red coming behind the murderer. This could be an amazing role to really make this game extremely exiting, however lets move on to our next subject, the mystery boxes

A new interactable - the mystery box Lets be real, after awhile, super speed and invisibility can be kind of boring, so why not switch it up a little, the mystery box is a brand new interactable that will cost 20 gold coins to get an item of the games choice, however don’t let the price fool you, the type of stuff you get could help you survive, so lets go over what you get in the mystery box. First off, there’s a chance you get a invisibility potion, however it’s different from the regular ones from the vending machines, with this potion, you can use it whenever you want, and not only does it do that, but your running trail will also be disabled, this will be pretty common to get and will last 15 seconds. The next item you could get is a duplication clone of you, if your being targeted or just want to flat out use it, this will create a second copy of you that will follow you around as well, this ability will be super rare to get so cross your fingers. The next item you could get is a splash potion of blindness, this could be one of the best items to help you survive, by splashing this on the floor, everyone in the splash area will instantly become blind for 5 seconds, giving you the ability to make a quick escape, this ability will be relatively common so watch out! And lastly, the rarest item you could get would be a second arrow, weather you accidently shot your arrow, or just want another one just in case, this could help you out really good. These will all be chosen at random with a 25% chance to get one of the four items, the only things that the sheriff and murderer won’t be able to get is the extra arrow, so the chances of them getting an item increases to 33%.

With these 2 things I think the game could really change the game as we know it, however that’s not the only idea I have, I have a few more small quality changes of life to help make the game more fair, as well as some ideas to help extend the rewards.

From now on, the person who kills an innocent will die instead of them I’m sorry if the title seems confusing however, basically, with an innocent, you get a bow and have a chance to kill someone, however, if you kill a wrong person, you and the innocent die, now I have some problems with this, I feel like this is no way in any shape or form fair, that was their mistake and I shouldn’t die because of it. So what I think would be fair is that only the person who shot and killed you, (assuming they were innocent) would die instead of you and him, and I have a few claims to back this up, first off, it’s just plain old unfair, second off, if I were the murderer and I wont kill anyone, half of the time nearly 4 to 6 people just die because of that, it’s not fair as you supposed be avoiding the murderer, not the innocents, and lastly, just the trolls, I’m tired of people shooting me because they didn’t like me the last round, or because you killed my friend, with this not only does it help with trolling, but it also helps with the game overall!

A bigger hit box I’m not going to lie when I say this, The Hives hit box ratio SUCKS, and I mean that, I’m tired of me missing them even though it really should’ve gone through, this will help people have a better chance of getting the murderer.

A player tracker for the murderer With all these buffs innocents are getting, its about time we give one for the murderer, with these, the murderer gets a player tracker , sort of like the type you get in treasure wars, it locates the nearest player, but will probably only be best if used at the end so it doesn’t go all wonky, not only is this to help the murderer, but it also reduces the amount of hiding/camping that goes on in this game to help keep the game fair for all.

Extended rewards Aside from the extra gravestones, throwables, and ghost colors, I have a new reward idea, the color of the murderers sword, where you could choose from like blue, to gold, or brown, think of this as the ghost colors but for you swords.

Thank you so much for reading and I hope you agree with what I said, if you have any questions or feed back, please let me know!

1 Like

oh by the way the hive doesn’t accept suggestions as lists.

it’s not necessarily a list because it’s ideas that could be compiled inside of one update

honestly, i really like your first two ideas because it reminds me of one night werewolf- which is one of my favorite games to play with friends- and it’s such a good idea, which isn’t too op. maybe the trails left by the murderer are a little op, but the other idea is great. i feel like if they found the murderer tho, they would just say who it was in chat, which we should find a way to prevent.

4 Likes

Totally agree with what you said, and to be honest, I’m not sure if it’s possible for the red trail, so that probably wouldn’t go through anyways, but anyways thank you very much for your feedback!

1 Like

maybe a red particle effect lasting 10 secs when there is 2 mins left in the game?

I love your idea for the psychic, as it would make Hive murder more original. Uni is right that the psychic could reveal the murderer in chat, but if you had to punch the murderer, it would be much more balanced, as the murderer would have a chance to kill the psychic

I really like the idea of only the person who killed the innocent dying, instead of both of them. It is pretty annoying for this to happen in game, and I know a lot of people have had issues with targeting. I think this would solve that pretty well, even though you still win as an innocent if you were wrongfully shot and the innocents still pull off the win. Only thing I can see that could be bad is innocents purposely jumping in front of your shots just to troll and get you killed. Have a nice day :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is a good thing to bring up, especially with teaming and for people who either don’t know how to play, do it by accident, or as you said the trolls. Hopefully, this gets added because then it will be a much better gaming experience and also it won’t ruin my win streak or win percentage if a troll decides to shoot me for no apparent reason.