Yellow Steve’s for character creator skins

The bug appeared in the NA region. I have a friends from different countries and regions who also have this issue.

Before In hive you could wear character creator skins in different games or hubs, unless there is too much stuff on it e.g, hats, 3D models, then it will turn you into a yellow Steve. But right now even the most basic character creator skins are still getting turned into yellow Steve’s! It doesn’t appear for you, but when other people see you, instead of your regular custom skin they see a yellow Steve, it doesn’t even say that the skin is unavailable on hive! The skins only show on podiums at the end of games or every now and then. Like when I was playing a sumo with my friend, we could see each other’s custom skin, but next game we couldn’t! I have no idea if this is a bug or glitch or something but really bothers me >:(

The version I play on is Xbox and my version is 1.16.201, I believe it’s the newest version.

Unfortunately I have no screenshots but Try and get some soon.

Thank you.

Hey there :wave:

Thanks for submitting a bug report.

This isn’t a bug. We have intentionally disabled character creator skins as they were sadly causing some rather severe performance issues.

We hope to re-enable them in the future :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes