Why does Survival Games have low playercounts?

I have rarely seen the game over 150 players and never to 200. Why would that be the case, I know it’s in beta but it doesn’t make sense to me.

I think that the lower player count count could be, that other games like MM or TW are just “better” and “more polished” games. I think SG will probably see a steady decline because of more popular games taking more and more of the spotlight away from SG. But that doesn’t mean that its a bad game. Hell, I play SG more than any other game (that TW squads with friends). But if SG see an update or overhaul, more players would play it.

4 Likes

SG is probably the most difficult game and most of the average people stopped after the game was unbalanced near release. So it became more difficult with the more skilled/sweaty players remaining, and then even more people left. Then a decent amount of the sweats/more skilled players left because burnout. The game is fun, but stuff like that forces people to quit sometimes.

4 Likes

I think the reason why is mostly there is 34.9% of hackers in that population but i think it’s more bigger than TW but it is common to see hackers on TW and SG, also SG hasn’t been updated it mostly either is neglected, or just tiring to work on, (or
also due to mostly some unbalance issues). But overall it’s still a fun game and all but i think TW does better than SG

3 Likes

In addition to all of the other reasons, I think the fact that it says it’s beta might throw some people off.

1 Like

SG crashes the most of all the five gamemodes on Hive since 1.13’s release. That could be why.

3 Likes

Like everyone mentioned, Survival Games is only in BETA, and people are rather waiting for it to be settled and tested before playing the game. Let’s not forget the game crashes, so add that to one of the reasons. But to be fair, I’ve started playing for the past week, and I’ve been seeing 350-500 players on SG nearly everytime, so I wouldn’t really call it low-count.

1 Like