Why are keyboard players allowed in console lobbies?

I understand that there are different servers for both PC and Console players, but that doesn’t stop anyone from plugging in a keyboard to their console. I’m level 50 and have been playing on my Xbox one S for almost a year now, standard controller and all. I’m just confused as to why such players are allowed in the lobbies? The only way I’ve figured out how to beat them is by out smarting their strategies (using snowballs, enderpearls, etc.) But even then their aim is just so overpowered along with their building. I can’t be the only one with this issue right? All I ask for is a fair and equal game where everyone has the same opportunity to win. Is that too much to ask for??

1 Like

Some people hook up a keyboard to their console but other than that I don’t really know anything else about the queing system

1 Like

Hey!

I’m sorry to hear about your experiences with our matchmaking systems.

Making changes to our platform-based matchmaking systems to better detect input devices is something that we want to do in the future.

4 Likes

that’s their point, they think it’s unfair

1 Like

Wait how can you tell that they have a keyboard and mouse plugged in?

That’s what they are thinking about.

1 Like

I think just having some background software looking at your gameplay could work. I know that on console you move your characters head slower than you can do on PC, so that could be one way to check it.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure every other console game has keyboard and mouse detection. Even so I don’t imagine it would be that hard for the hive to implement their own keyboard detection software. The differences between keyboard and controller is as clear as day imo.

Ik keyboard players are op, its impossible to track what they play on tho :frowning:

1 Like

Wait you can do that! Awesome!