What do You Think of the New Server Selector

For those who don’t know, the Nether Update is bringing a new server selector GUI. Here’s some screenshots:

I don’t really like it. First off, it uses the Noto Sans font, which looks strange. Secondly, the pictures under the “screenshots” section have a very low resolution. I’m not sure if it’s just because it’s the beta, who knows. I also don’t like how cramped it feels. I do like is how it shows your ping, and how you can see what the servers’ games are. I kind of want the old server selection back. If I find a resource pack that brings it back, I’ll link it here.

What do you all think?

• I like it!
  • I don’t like it!

0 voters

7 Likes

I personally like it. It shows mini games on the server lol

2 Likes

I personally think it looks pretty cool. Features are about the servers.

2 Likes

I just don’t like it because it doesn’t feel polished. The release is tomorrow, so I doubt they’d change it. If it’s changed in a later patch, I’ll probably appreciated it more. I love the idea, but I dislike some parts of how it was executed.

5 Likes

You could probably find a texture pack or something to change it to the old one. I want the update just so i know if galaxite is good

2 Likes

Pixel when do you normally play on Hive?

1 Like

I’m normally on all day.

1 Like

Having an additional thing to click in order to join a server get’s a dislike from me.

2 Likes

Henlo!
Personally i like it ,

1. As it gives more knowledge and information about the server which can be very useful for the new players that join in daily.
  2. The ability to add additional servers(NA,EU) of the main server is awesome , it just keeps the menu more organised.
  3. Knowing the ping without going into command prompt or to a random ping checking website is one of the best features i believe.

Well no one really likes change but we will definitely get used to the new layout pretty soon :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Overall I’m excited about this new update and can’t wait to see whats more to come :heart:

7 Likes

Okay?
id like it, it looks, no offence mojang, messed up…
edit; this is my opinion

(this post was edited at 4:22 PM, BST)

1 Like

I like the fact that they show you the ping

4 Likes

Well everyone have mixed opinions on it which is expected to happen when there is a major change happening :grin:

2 Likes

ik, its my own opinion, and thats what i was stating :slight_smile:

What? How do I do that?

I really don’t if that’s the purpose of it or not but i just read somewhere that it is possible i might be wrong :sweat:

He just added the ip fr.hivebedrock.network like he would add the ip for any other unfeatured server, that’s not new.
You can add these to directly connect to the region you want:
ca.hivebedrock.network for NA
fr.hivebedrock.network for EU
sg.hivebedrock.network for ASIA

4 Likes

I know that
what i was saying was when you click a particular server it shows the additional servers you have added to that specific main server and not all the servers in general that have been added by manually entering the IP , Which i think i have got the wrong information of :sweat:

2 Likes

I think it does show them all, he just has that one lmao, you can see 6 featured and that only 1 additional.

1 Like

btw @BlueSlimeMC you can add geo.hivebedrock.network to your list as the main IP for hive :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

That’s useless though… It’s the same as if I clicked the featured one.

1 Like