Upgrading Murder mystery repeat

Me and my friend play Murder Mystery a lot, on the hive, and we were wondering if there should be an update to the game mode. Our update idea is to add perks (unlock new ones at different levels) and each round the murderer and sheriff get 3 chosen perks that they can use once. some examples are as follows.
murderer perk ideas: edit;/tweak these if you want but keep the base idea
false bow: the person gets a false bow that is added to their hot bar for 15 seconds upon use. lvl10
invis and speed: the person gets invisibility and speed 1 for 15 seconds but they can not attack or throw anything for the time this perk is active. lvl15
smoke screen: gives the murderer 5 seconds speed and anyone with in a 4 block radius blindness, the murderer cannot attack. lvl25
dash: the murderer teleports forward 5-7 blocks and anyone in the way and 1 block on each side is killed. lvl27
Sheriff perks idea edit/tweak these if you want, but keep the same base idea
tracker: the sheriff gets a tracking compass that leads them in the general direction of the murderer. lvl 25
deputy: the sheriff can assign one person a one shot bow immediately. lvl15
chance: when used you get a second shot if the person you shot isn’t the murderer both people are ok, if it is then the sheriff gets 1/2 XP. lvl20
Again feel free to change these a little, but try to keep the same concept, I would love to see this added and it would be a amazing addition to the game. I hope others will agree!

Keep It Tidy

• Don’t cross-post the same thing in multiple topics.

Community Guidelines (Keep It Tidy)

2 Likes

yeah sorry, I was told by someone else that I should re-post it over here instead, I will refrain from doing this in the future.

2 Likes

just use the pencil icon on the original topic by the title to move it to the right category. Don’t repost

1 Like

:point_up_2:t2:This. However, I’ve gone ahead and removed the other post so we’ll roll with this one. Good luck with your suggestion.

2 Likes

thanks, sorry about the confusion as I am new to the forums and this is the first forums I am actually signed into and have an account for.

4 Likes

The sheriff getting a tracking compass would defeat the whole purpose of the game. as sheriff your job is to find the murderer, and to do that you need to watch the behavior patterns of the players in sight to determine the murderer, wait for someone to pull out a knife, etc. This would remove any and all strategy that was previously required to find the murderer, along with making the game nearly impossible for the murderer to win.

8 Likes

Hello, the tracking compass would only point the sheriff in the general direction and for only a few seconds, it wouldn’t out right say who it is just give them like a room or distance and it would also be dangerous for the sheriff. Lastly the whole idea can be changed theses are just examples of some that would be ok, but can be changed at any time by devs