Unable to hit players

I was playing with my friend in the Asia region (custom servers ) but I was unable to hit him ,

Even though I was not able to hit him projectiles would except ender pearls I have no idea how the bug happened but when I died it reset and I was able to hit him again a few more bugs like these take place like unable to store items in 2 and 4th slot of inventory this too resets after a death

I was on a mobile phone and was on 1.16.200
My friend was mobile too and was on 1.16.40

Hey there :wave:

Thanks for submitting a bug report.

Has anyone else experienced this?

1 Like

if it was in a custom you may have been holding invisible gold and not been able to hit anyone

or maybe they were hacking

1 Like

I appreciate the speculation, but invincibility against being hit is not something that a hacked client could achieve.

Please try to only reply to these threads if you have experienced the issue yourself, or have concrete information to share :slightly_smiling_face:

dont think they were hacking it might be some kind of visual bug or something im not sure tho ill make a custom sever and try some settings and see whatā€™s up

the projectiles you were able to hit them so I would assume it was a visual bug

I have experienced this bug before; if you turn gens off invisible gold will generate and you will not be able to hit anyone/break anything while holding it. The only way to get rid of it is by dying.

That being said, I think this is a dupe.

1 Like

putting generators on amount 0 and walking over the gen, you will pick up ā€œinvisibleā€ gold and the slot that the gold is, you wont be able to hit entities when your hand is in that slot.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had this same problem, but only on custom servers as well.

1 Like

Hey there :wave:

Thanks for the information everyone, this issue seems to be the result of ā€˜disablingā€™ the team generator by setting the summoner amount to 0.

The following issues also seem to be a direct result of doing this:

I have logged the issue with setting the summoner amount to 0, it will be looked into by our developers soon :slight_smile:

This issue has been fixed :tada:

This fix is part of an update to custom servers, which is currently being rolled out. It is currently available on NA, and will be available everywhere soon.

1 Like