Turn Off Chat in Murder Mystery

The worst part of Murder Mystery is that it isn’t, you know, a mystery (as stated here). Why isn’t it a mystery? Well there are two aspects, but I’m not a lister, so here we go.

Turn off the flipping chat! If the chat isn’t turned off during the game, people can AND WILL tell you who the murderer is! Among Us is a great example of turning off chat. It turns it off but lets the ghosts talk among themselves, so that no one spoils who the impostor is. I think that if MM had this system, games would be a whole lot better.

Vote if you agree and reply if you don’t.

I disagree with this. Murder mystery is team based, so it makes sense for innos to be able to say who the murd is if they see them. If the murd doesn’t kill everyone who sees them with the sword, that’s their own fault.

6 Likes

I can see your point, but I prefer to think that in an ideal game, the Murderer has to be sneaky and when someone sees him kill, they have to race around the map to get coins or become the Sheriff. Seeing someone kill and then reporting it, as I stated above, throws away the word mystery and a whole lot of excitement is thrown away with it.

just turn it off manually lol

4 Likes

I did discuss this in the Discord MM chat once as I initially found it to be unfair. But I was corrected and told that informing living players of the murderer was somewhat part of the game, and told to think of it as a scenario in real life- If you saw the murderer commit the act would you tell the other innocents or allow the murderer to keep on killing? Apparently the team work aspect does involve communication.

As another player has stated, if unhappy with the chat you are able to turn it off manually.

I see your points. I’ll ask to close the topic.

I don’t agree. The game is supposed to be a detective-style one, and people should be able to discuss with other innocents.

3 Likes

Closed at request of the original poster.