Trios and Squads? Just Build? Hear me out

Please read before commenting/voting. I made valid points and I want people to actually listen instead of immediately dismissing this topic. This is considered a ‘dupe’ BUT I have new info surrounding it, that might just change the way you view this topic.

The last post surrounding this topic was 3 YEARS AGO and when someone tried to bump the thread, they were criticized for bumping such an old post. This is updated info.

Trios and Squads.

I know A LOT of people have gone through forums like this before, I’ve read the others. But a common thing I see now is that it would be ‘too chaotic’ or ‘hard to coordinate.’
And this kind of breaks my heart a little. Everyone ignores just how fun this would truly be, and they only focus on the downsides.

Let’s take some time to go through the most common ‘problems’ with this idea.

‘Teammate Issues’

What do I mean by that? AFK teammates. Teammates building inappropriately. Too chaotic.
Try, ‘/hub.’
Did everyone forget this? Ok, I know. Players DO NOT want to /hub due to the fact that it counts as a loss. But it is all hive has, and hive made it very clear when they also released Just Build Duos.
They literally state every round:
‘Teammate building inappropriately? Use /hub and try Solos!’
This can apply to more than just inappropriate builds. Trolls, AFK teammates, you name it.

Also, reasonably, most players are kids and don’t really care about if they have the most perfect win rate. The people who will be voting around this are mostly going to be older players, of whom may care more about the statistics. I did NOT care at 10 how many times I /hubbed. I still don’t. (rip winrate.)

Just Build is a chaotic, fun, fast-paced game where sometimes you get bad teammates. It happens to the best of us.
While I AM dismissing these issues, (for now) why does no one think of the benefits to this too? You can have more of your friends on a public server on one team, and it’d be super fun to have a bunch of people building at once. Some people don’t like that stuff. Some people just want to build on their own.
Try Solos.
The whole point of this ‘trios and squads’ thing is so that people can play with MORE of their friends, while also having a more engaging gameplay experience.
And besides, I think the chaos is just another unique spark that helps Just Build stand out from the other games.
Just Build is currently at its peak, from internet exposure and updates. If we can make this happen, I think it will really boost the community.

These issues will always be a part of Just Build. While we can only limit them to some extent, it shouldn’t hold the game back. This would be an amazing update!

Player Count and Win issues.

I’m going to try to make this as simple as possible.
Trios could require 12 players to start and 24 players max.
Squads? 16 players to start. 32 max.
How would this even work? We have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. That’s too many winners. Trios and Squads would only have 8 teams max. So, maybe only have one winner. Scrap 2nd and 3rd for Trios and Squads

I would say to just increase the player count, but at it’s current state it would be unreasonable past 32. There would never be full lobbies.

I do not know how hard it would be to implement only 1 winner. But it would be worth it.

It would be quite dead at night. There would be plenty of empty lobbies. But that’s how Just Build always is. It’s not ‘new.’ But there’s a 14 hour peak time. Just play at daytime and early night.

Conclusion.

Ok, I know that was quite long. But I needed to get my point through. Thank you for actually reading that.
I know this is a dupe, but the OG post contained little info on how this would even work. Posting this opinion there wouldn’t do much, since most people had made up their mind, and it was a completely dead post. Bumping that kind of post now, wouldn’t do anything.
And honestly, if even just Trios gets added, I’d be happy.

What do YOU think about this topic?

There could be a bigger building space and maybe multiple topics or builds to build?

1 Like

I would say that too, that a bigger building space would benefit it. But trios and squads in itself is already a major update, and it’s already a big plot. It would take hive a lot of time to also implement a whole new arena.

2 Likes

“I know this is a dupe, but the OG post contained little info on how this would even work. Posting this opinion there wouldn’t do much, since most people had made up their mind, and it was a completely dead post. Bumping that kind of post now, wouldn’t do anything.”

“The last post surrounding this topic was 3 YEARS AGO and when someone tried to bump the thread, they were criticized for bumping such an old post. This is updated info.”

I literally can’t make this any more clear. No one will listen to what I actually have to say here, because it’s a ‘dupe.’ but as soon as i bump a post from 3 years ago, no one will even see it. Or care, for that matter. The info in that post is also OUTDATED.

1 Like

So this sounds very nice! I fully agree on the /hub thing, I’ve done it so many times in games like CTF with cheaters I reported

1 Like

@SmileyOnSpot

If you think an idea is a dupe, please use the “flag” feature and let the moderators decide :pray:

@IzzyBuildz

Getting this out of the way, I think this idea could be an LTM just like how Skywars-Mega was! Maybe Hive could experiment with it and JustBuild is one of the most popular gamemodes.
I think treating it as an LTM would be much more useful as I think less people would get angry if it is removed due to unpopularity.

3 Likes

I really recommend contacting support (https://support.playhive.com/). Explain your issue and explain why you need it, like needing to flag duplicate posts.

However, something like this has been done before. Gyrraa, a former helper, has done the exact same thing however it’s more appreciated and voted than the original post. Even though it’s a popular topic, I don’t see anyone saying that it should still being taken down because it’s a dupe, especially from you.

And like I’ve said before, please report this to the moderators as they should choose to close this post.

1 Like