The Slasher Gamemode Variant for Murder Mystery

This gamemode would be similar to murder mystery, except it has a few tweaks. It ALWAYS takes place during the night. The slasher will have night vision BUT slowness effects when he wields his knife, so the slasher must be strategic with his kills. Bright particle effects and other methods could be used to let players know who the slasher is. The slasher will wield a big cutting knife as they do in the movies and it will work similar to the trident, you can melee attack with it and also throw it. As with a trident, you will have to pick it back up after you throw it. Similar to the murder mystery blade, it’s a one hit knockout. Civilians have no effects, and cannot retaliate. HOWEVER they carry a stun baton with them that can be used every minute if they catch the slasher off guard (they will have to wait a minute after the game starts to use it), and the stun will inflict nausea and slowness for 10 seconds. The game will last 15 minutes and the map will be quite expansive, giving civilians a variety of places to run off to and hide. This creates a problem for the slasher, as they may not have enough time to kill everybody. This is where the ender pearls come in. You know how when a person is running from the slasher in the movies and all of a sudden the slasher ends up right in front of them? This is what the ender pearl equates to. There will be a thirty second cool down between usage. Also, there will be various trapdoors leading to secret underground passages across the map, and the slasher will be given a compass halfway through the game.

I have already started building this map, but it will take a team of builders to accomplish this. The maps should be based off slasher horror movies such as Halloween, Friday the 13th, and Nightmare on Elm Street. I have started working on Michael Myer’s house in the town that Halloween takes place in. I really hope you add this gamemode and use inspiration from the movies to create the map!

This gamemode variant can be chosen using the variant selector once selecting the Murder Mystery gamemode. The original gamemode will be labeled “Classic” while this gamemode can be labeled “Slasher”.

(I may add more to this, thanks for looking at this post!)

Dude. Didn’t you just make this post

Yes, I reposted it in the appropriate category since I chose to head in a different direction with the idea. The old post can be taken down.

Well yes, but you’re still cross-posting.

^

Instead of posting multiple threads that discuss the same thing, use the edit button on the original thread and change the category, as cross-posting violates the guidelines.

1 Like

They asked for it to be taken down, they just didn’t know how to change the category and edit.

Honestly, this seems too similar to hns for a murder mystery mode

1 Like