The Hive Is Dying-Here's How To Fix It

We all know the hive is dying, from hackers to game modes, to just it not being fun. fortunately, I’ve found the solution. I’m going to go over what hive needs to be added, changed, and removed. and if they listen, it will be the best update they will ever make.

starting off with the hacker problem: this one is very easy to fix, you just add what is called IP banning. how this works is that when someone gets banned on the hive, all accounts using that email get banned as well, as this is what hackers do, they create alts with the same email. we should also get mail whenever someone who we reported got punished. i also think we should be able to report for spawn killing.

next up, gamemodes, the biggest problem here. starting off with skywars, there’s not much to change, but some new maps as well as a prestige system would be nice and work wonderfully. Skywars kits should get a new kit, and stop saying that duos are “new”. Treasure Wars needs no changes. murder mystery, I liked the Halloween concept of souls, This should be a regular feature, and the chat should be disabled. for just build, this one is easy. inappropriate builds should be bannable, not just kicked. it also needs an update, where we add higher levels and new maps. I also think there should be an option to replace the builder hat with your own hat if you own one. the report button in it should be better as well. capture the Flag could use new items, like maybe knockback boomboxes, and enchants like Sharp 1. Hide and Seek just got an update, but there are two things I think should happen. for starters, the amount of XP for hider and seeker wins, (50 for seeker, 200 for hider) should be swapped. it’s much harder to win as a seeker, and it takes more skill, on top of hiders already having taunts which give crazy amounts of XP every game. The second thing is hiders should do more damage, in the way where we remove the seeker smasher 1000, and replace it with the seeker smasher 5000, which is only available in custom games. for death run, it’s impossible for deaths to win, so each runner should have a set number of lives, like ten. if they use up all their lives, they lose. if the deaths kill everybody, they win and earn a lot of XP. I don’t play much gravity, but I think the window to make some parts is too difficult for mobile players. for block party, instead of new colors, for each song, the layout of the floor should be different. survival games should have new items, like a knockback boombox, ender pearls, and a fire aspect sword. for bridge, they should make the goals to win five, instead of three, and they should have the gapple kit instantly heal you. For ground wars, they should implement a kill streak system, where every time you’re on a kill streak, you get more XP for each kill. like say I kill one guy. That’s 2 XP. I killed another guy. That’s 4 XP. I killed another guy. That’s 8 XP. I die, and I kill another guy. Back to 2 XP. For block drop, they add another item, it’s something that randomly teleports you when you use it. you could be teleported to the top layer, the bottom layer, or the layer you’re on already. it’s completely random.

now that all the game modes are out of the way (finally), it’s time to move to the hub and other things. first off, the hive should add more things to hive+. I’m thinking of a hive+ hat, a hive+ pet, and the ability to do /fly in the hub, although you can’t cheat parkour with this. the way mounts would not be useless with this feature is that all mounts seat at least two people, and are all faster. for every ten days, you get a login streak, and you get an item. like something simple early on, like a one-hour XP boost, but for longer streaks, more rare items. all costumes, hub titles, and pets previously gone forever should all be unlockable, through different means. this will get people to play the game way more. I also think a /hat command would be nice. and something similar to see your title, like when you do /title, it tells you which one you have equipped. one thing that I desperately want is when you’re in your hub cosmetics, (costume, hat, pet) you can toggle by rarest, and it shows you the rarest ones you have of that category, by how many people also have that same cosmetic. when you 100% all game modes in the hive, (max level for all of them) you should receive something like a custom lounge area, costume, hat, title, pet, and a different color name, although not a rank. like a rainbow name. leaderboards should be found in the hub, but they should keep the command as well.

That’s all for now if you actually read all of this, thank you very much, and hopefully, the hive listens and adds these. and thanks for the comments, it does help how i see things

Lenvee

1 Like

i am sorry but i’m not reading all of that so i’ll vote for no reason.

eh thats fair

No it isn’t. Just because the player count is lower than it was during the years we were all stuck inside doesn’t mean it’s dying.

That’s not even remotely close to what IP banning is. It isn’t possible to make more than one account on the same email. IP banning is banning an IP address, which also bans every other person in the house. IP addresses are also sometimes recycled, meaning someone could get IP banned and have their IP switched with another one. In this situation, not only is the hacker no longer banned, but now someone else is banned for something they didn’t do.

The games are fun if you play them for fun. If you just want to grind levels then they get boring. The games are just as fun as they were years ago. They’re not the problem, you just don’t like them anymore.

Breaths in
IT. IS. TEN. DOLLARS.

For that $10, you already get a $2 costume with more hub titles and avatars than usual, double voting power, double quests, and unlimited $1 xp boosters.
That is technically :infinity: + 2 dollars for only $10.

No.
They should not add moderator perks to their $10 rank. Even YouTube rank doesn’t have /fly.

11 Likes

yeah i made up what ip banning was because i didn’t know lol

The hive has their reasons for not including IP banning, and they have no doubt thought about it and considered it seriously.
You don’t even know what IP banning is, and yet you claim to know how to fix this ‘dead’ server when you haven’t thought about it for more than 10 seconds.

4 Likes

I read it all and I’ll just make comments on 7 non-pvp games, and some other else.
Hive Server: It’s all right, even for the time with least player numbers it still has about 9000+ players. This server can be the featured server with most game categories and most wonderful communities. (Just my opinion)
Hackers: Just like Bubblez said, it’s not quite a useful way to ban hackers. Actually anti-cheat is always being worked on and improved but we can’t get rid of all the hackers. And Hive has most player numbers (Sometimes) so hackers may want to come here too.
Hive+: I think it’s enough, also using /fly would make mounts useless. (Maybe some people just want to fly, they don’t care how fast)
Loginstreak: Well it sounds nice but 10 days for a XP Boost…it’s too easy I guess, maybe 30 days? And those unobtainable stuff should always be unobtainable, they’re the reminder of some special occasions.
Command: Can’t you just use the paperdoll to see what hat are you wearing?
Unlocks and Max Levels: Well that sounds fun, I think those with all the games maxed should get something really cool.
Leaderboard: I have no idea because I always use commands, but maybe it can do a little help as not many people know this.
(I’ll put the game comments on another post.)

2 Likes

To add to all the other replies,

This seems to be multiple suggestions in one thread which is barred in the forums.

1 Like

what do you mean? sorry but i don’t understand

Splod3r likes to have separate suggestions as different posts. This stops confusion from other players in which suggestion they do like and other suggestions they don’t like. Splod3r himself said that he would rather have users do this. Possible Hive Updates

Overall, how do I know which suggestion do I want added without explaining it. I think a simple vote should do the trick.

1 Like

Alright numba 1, welcome to the forums

Alright numba 2, I didn’t read the entire thing because it’s super duper long, so I read the shorter version by bubblez

Alright numba 3, please limit you’re suggestions to one per post

Alright number 4, a lot of these suggestions are duplicates, please use the search tool before suggesting

Ok I can give my opinion now. First off, Minecraft servers are dying, not the hive. Id you look at Cubecraft it’s going down just as much as the hive. Even hypixel shows similar data. I’m not gonna comment too much on the rest of them cause I really just don’t agree with them.

3 Likes

I voted but this shouldn’t be a hive+ feature, 50% of ppl have hive+ now,this would cause lots of lag

No No No No No.

No offense but this is probably the worst suggestion i’ve EVER HEARD.

First of all, THE HIVE IS NOT DYING.
Low player count doesn’t matter, plus it’s constantly being updated.

Second of all, /fly for Hive+!?!
Bro this would cause so much lag like Hypixel. And what would Hive be doing to their server if they gave FLYING PERMISSIONS TO A TEN DOLLAR RANK?!!?

Third of all, IP banning??!

Bro I don’t even have to talk about it but why would you add it if you DIDN’T KNOW WHY TO ADD IT.

I’m sorry, but this topic made me very mad.

2 Likes

this one is very easy to fix, you just add what is called IP banning

IP banning should be implemented but only for a few hours after the ban to prevent multi-accounting without a VPN. This would still reduce the amount of hackers, because many of these toolbox kids don’t even know what a VPN is. But IPs are changing and it could also ban a legit player.

Skywars kits should get a new kit, and stop saying that duos are “new”

Skywars update is already being worked on! Also all of the things you mentioned have already been suggested.

Treasure Wars needs no changes

It does. It is one of the oldest games on the hive and needs a recode! The guis are still not custom and it can become boring pretty fast. Thats why seasons is coming out soon :blush:

the report button in it should be better as well

Please describe this idea! This sounds interesting, but I have no idea what you would like to change.

it’s impossible for deaths to win, so each runner should have a set number of lives, like ten.

Being death is just a part of the game. Sure you can’t win, but you also don’t lose. Having a specific amount of lives would only make the game much less enjoyable and increase targeting of some players.

For ground wars, they should implement a kill streak system, where every time you’re on a kill streak, you get more XP for each kill. like say I kill one guy. That’s 2 XP. I killed another guy. That’s 4 XP. I killed another guy. That’s 8 XP. I die, and I kill another guy. Back to 2 XP.

That actually sounds like an interesting idea. Make sure to create a new topic for it!

the hive should add more things to hive+.

Hive+ only costs 10 bucks. These perks are a bit too much, but could be added to a new and better rank.

Also please format you suggestions better. It’s kinda hard to read

1 Like

What exactly will that accomplish? I see no use in IP banning for an hour or two.
It just doesn’t seem like enough to keep people form cheating.

Do not do that, that would be a duplicate.

3 Likes

Its alright to disagree, but still remember to be respectful (this applies to everyone). While i dont agree with some parts of this suggestion, i do agree thar skywars should be updated (which Hive is planning to do!)

2 Likes

Whilst we appreciate your suggestions, we ask that you avoid making suggestion lists i.e. posts that list multiple different ideas. You’re welcome to create threads for each of your ideas in the relevant sections.

Please give this thread a read before doing so:

I also just wanted to touch on your proposed solution to cheaters; we already IP ban repeat offenders and have been doing for several years. It certainly helps but it isn’t the ‘golden solution’ people seem to sometimes believe it is. We have been and will always continue to work on our anti-cheat systems.

Additionally, building inappropriately is, and always has been, a bannable offense. We are working on improving our moderation in Just Build.