Suggestions for The Hive Bedrock Games

In this post, I’m going to put all the suggestions into different parts depending on the game, this is also coming from a Pocket Edition player so some of these suggestions are from things that Pocket Edition players have issues with.

Survival games:
Not much for here except more things in the starter chests so that people don’t get spawn killed whilst trying to run away from spawn with nothing.

Murder mystery:
This one just makes it more fun, giving the Murderer a cooldown per kill. This doesn’t have to be anything big, only around 5 seconds would be ok. This is mainly because Murderers go on rampages a lot and kill everybody 20 seconds into the game (trust me it has happened to me). It would also make it fairer because the Sherrif has a cooldown per shot.

Treasure Wars:
Once again not much except maybe make the spawners a bit faster depending on the game mode, for example in duos it goes 10% faster than solos, and trios are 20% faster than solos, etc.

Skywars:
This one I again don’t really have much except for 1 thing. This one might be not so great, but I think it would be nice if the ender chests in the middle would refill sometimes. For example, the Big Chest spawns every 1 or 2 minutes ( I don’t remember sorry), and maybe the ender chests could take double the time of the big chest to refill. I think this would be a good idea because a lot of people go to the middle early and take all the good loot, leaving the people who come later with basically nothing, and although there is the big chest that spawns in, by the time it has spawned in, the players with less loot have already died. With the refill though, at least they would have somewhat of a chance since they could get similar armour and weapons.

Just build:
Don’t have much for this one (love the game mode btw) one thing for the moderators is that they could use Just Build to test builders who are applying. It could be easier for the moderators to see the skill level of builders who are applying for builder role. I also think that players should be able to vote for the topic/theme that they are going to build since a lot of the time the players get topics that are hard to build/come up with ideas for.

Hide and Seek:
I again also don’t have much for Hide and Seek but maybe give hiders more time to hide. I also think that to make the game a bit more fun for the seekers, in the last 1 or 2 minutes, the seekers should get a compass that tells them the area of where the hiders are so that it isn’t boring for the seekers and so that they can try to find the hiders easier.

Deathrun:
Deathrun nothing big again except in some of the maps, there is water spilt on the running place and it gets really annoying. I know that it is there to kill the players and set them back to help the death guys, but I think that this should be changed. I do not believe that they should get rid of the water, rather I believe it should just be changed that instead, it kills you, it just slows you down like normal water or gives you slowness for 2-3 seconds.

Snow Wars:
I don’t play snow wars that often, I’ve played it a couple of times and the only thing I can really think of is that the players should get more snowballs or blocks.

Overall server:
This is one of the main things I wanted to make a suggestion on, the overall Hive server.
(Note: This is coming from a Pocket Edition player who plays for hours on the Hive, I don’t think this is that important, but I have played Minecraft Pocket Edition for around 7-8 years and know how to PvP and build etc pretty well).
One of the biggest issues in my opinion for the Hive is the crossplay. A lot of people play The Hive on a Computer (PC, laptop etc). Since Minecraft Bedrock is available for PC and laptop players, they can also play with Mobile players. This is where the problem comes in. It is a well-known fact, that PC is a lot easier to play on compared to Mobile, yes there are a lot of very talented mobile players, but it is still pretty difficult. One of the main reasons why I die in games such as skywars, treasure wars etc is because I keep getting destroyed by PC players who have a bigger advantage, for example, they can click faster using the mouse, it is easier to control using a keyboard, and overall the controls are easier to use since they can use all 10 fingers and mobiles players usually use around 2-4 fingers. A lot of people can see where this is going, and I know that this is probably a debatable and topic, but I believe there should be a different server for Mobile players. I don’t mean getting rid of the original server and splitting it into 2, but instead, there should be a separate server just for Mobile players or just for PC players that only they can access (So Mobile players can only access the mobiles server and PC players can only access the PC server). These servers could also be accessed from the Hive server lobby to make it easier to switch through servers. The reason why they should also keep the crossplay server is that a lot of people like to play with friends who play on different devices, so getting rid of the crossplay server would make it basically impossible to play together. Once again, this is coming from a Mobile player and players who play on different devices might disagree with me.

I don’t know if any mods will see this, and I don’t know if mods will use any of my suggestions, but this is just what I think, as a mobile player.

1 Like
  1. put this in suggestions
  2. cant have multiple suggestions in one thread
  3. mobile matchmaking already exists
6 Likes

noticed this was a list and was like “nah it should stay in games”

oh

you just contradicted yourself

1 Like
  1. To apply for basically any professional build team you’re required to submit an album of example works. They’ll see your skills from there.
  2. Just Build games don’t necessarily test your building skills because actual map designing takes a long time and a lot of work and a lot of details are put into each map whereas Just Build depends on your ability to think quickly and build something that looks impressive in a very short timeframe.
  3. Team Nectar/Hive Build Team now I suppose, is pretty separate from the moderators, so moderators probably don’t get to decide who makes it in.

Good thread though, I like the details. :)

3 Likes

I don’t really think if you can do this! Put them as multiple posts onto different games! That would be easier and not to read a lot and find your topic…

You may want to take a look at this The Hive - Platform Matchmaking c:

This imo is what makes JB fun to play sometimes… The random aspect of it means that players won’t be able to just grind out the perfect build for a certain topic as it will always be random

I definitely agree with this It would help in speeding up the games. maybe the boost should be lower though (mainly because the more members of a team the more spawners there are.
(I’m focusing more on gold generators)
Duos 5%
Trios 8% (we have to take into consideration that are 2 spawners on trios islands)
Squads 10% (idr how many spawners are on a squads map but, I assume it’s 2 or 3. I say 8% as there are more members of the team that need to get ready to defend/attack)

Lastly. In future, note that the hive doesn’t like it when you put suggestions in a list. It makes it difficult to tell which suggestions people like and which they don’t like.
and also vote for your own suggestion

1 Like

The only ones I really disagree with is the murder mystery and survival games one. Murder mystery wouldn’t be as action paced as it is if murderers had a kill cooldown, and it is definitely better as is in my opinion. And for the survival games, I just personally see it as that’s pretty much how the game works, the point of mid is for everyone to loot fast and run away, not everyone is guaranteed loot and I think it should stay thay way.

Edit: JB too actually. The builder role is not just building small builds like you do in just build. It is maps, detail and more so testing builders with that method would not make much sense at all. And there are way too many themes for people to be able to vote specific ones. The game is more fun when you have to go out of your abilities and build random things you’ve never tried in my opinion.

Other than that, I dont mind the other ones ^-^

2 Likes

but you see thomas the tank engine kickbuttandchewgumlighter, i saw this coming

also i meant that when he puts it in suggestions, he should edit it to one single suggestion

1 Like

Hey, there.
Thank you for your suggestion. It’s much easier for the Hive Team to choose which suggestions are put through when they are separate. As you include many different games/ideas in your thread, can I ask you to make different threads for different suggestions? As in the Read before Posting thread, please keep your suggestions concise so that they hopefully get noticed and players will be more likely to upvote it!
I’ll be closing the thread, but if you want to discuss, you can PM me on Discord.
Have a good day!

1 Like