Speedrunning section

i would like to promote the idea of a speedrunning section of deathrun, where there are no deaths and its strictly for speedrunning, holding automatic world records. this would be nice for the speedrun community, since deaths get in the way of speedrunning a lot of the time.

You can actually do this gamemode in custom servers already if you order the death to do nothing. But still, this would be a great gamemode to have a past record of although it’s realistically something I don’t see the Hive doing as you could already do it in custom servers. Also, something I really hate about Deathrun is that the deaths only go for the people who are in first, and there is usually only one or two people there when the goal is to get the most XP by killing as much as possibly at once. The deaths are super annoying when trying to speedrun, I know.

Plus, there is also a speedrunning Hive section on speedrun.com.

1 Like

yea i get that there are ways but its annoying to have to reopen a custom server every time you wanna speedrun without deaths. i also know about the speedrun.com section, but i think itd be overall nice to have a built in speedrunning section with an in-game leaderboard.

1 Like

I like the idea of having in-game leaderboards for competition as it would spice up the Hive just a slight bit to have some competitive games. I think that this would be good as an LTM like Sky Royale. Honestly, I think this could work as it’s not that hard to implement or execute. Thus, you have my vote!

1 Like