Sky Preview Mode - Kits Testing

-ajaX, on the Hive Discord, SkyWars channel

Then why not let us, the players, help you balance them and make changes! We have more experience in playing the game than the actual developers, and we would actually be ecstatic to try the kits and give lots of feedback! Similar to the Treasure Wars Preview that happened last year, this will be a mode specifically designed so that we can use and test new things at their fullest potential. Kits have been requested ever since the dawn of SkyWars, and there are plenty of suggestions, even tons of duplicates on here of why kits should be added, but turned down because of the “balancing” reason.

If it goes well, then they could be added into the base game OR made into a LTM!

1 Like

really good idea.

1 Like

totally agree with you big man, i would love to see the hive team interact with their players more

2 Likes

Same but you already know that fact

I do agree with the concept of kits to sort of balance RNG on the start of the game because RNGsus or Gabe Newell would probably bless your neighbor with full dia, prot 1, and a sharp 2 sword; it’s possible to happen it’s basically Dream’s luck on Skywars

2 Likes

I really like this idea. Spoider was here

2 Likes

Good idea Tar1a, I agree.

1 Like

I wouldn’t want to see kits implemented into the base game. I feel like it would take away some of the things that in my opinion make skywars unique and fun.

I know a lot of other players would like to see kits in the game which is why I think it should be a different mode of skywars, maybe “SkyWars Advanced” or something like that. This way people on both ends of the spectrum get to play and enjoy what they prefer

imo kits will make the game even more diverse so i dont see why you would think that it would take away the uniqueness

1 Like

i concur i was also a former beta tester at lifeboat

1 Like

yess
that would be cool

1 Like

tenor

Probably one of the best suggestions I’ve ever seen.

6 Likes

I like SkyWars as it is but if they added another mode then sure

2 Likes

Maybe some sort of LTM called “Sky Wars [Beta Kit Testing]” or something like that.

I think kits should be something that expands upon the uniqueness that is already in the base game. Kits like “starts with an iron sword” is a bad example of this and most servers such as our rival, CubeCraft, jumps to things similar to this. Kits can expand more than just items, have buffs/debuffs and perks as well. A very generic example but works for this is “deals more damage, but you can’t get absorption”. The uniqueness in this example kit is based on Hive SkyWars own unique redstone ore. Debuffs such as that are a good way to balance and add depth for the kits. It support different playstyles massively, in this case it is a player that wants to be somewhat of a glass-cannon.

As they said at the start of Hive SkyWars, they wanted to make interesting twists and changes as they don’t want it to have a generic feel. The team has already set an amazing base for this! Boomboxes, spells, ores, the mystery chest, and more! Kits can really do a good job expanding on this.

3 Likes

I mean instead of putting this in skywars they could put it in like custom servers or something. Or maybe a mode where u have kits but dont gain xp and maybe other stats. This is so if an update does roll up and the community hates it or thinks its overpowered there would be a whole different game/mode

its a…preview mode as said… players can give feedback, and as mentioned above it can go into a LTM or the base game…

1 Like

speed but you have weakness
strength but you have slowness
etc

1 Like

and we could try out netherite possibly.

9 Likes

Is this an appropriate bump to make? Because YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

https://twitter.com/theHiveMC/status/1435770053346086917

(courtesy of potato’s twitch chat)

the video they were referring to: Will Hive Skywars ever have KITS? (Minecraft Bedrock) - YouTube

1 Like